Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Amateur
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was able to harvest a few natural forks off of an extremely overgrown Crepe Myrtle this past weekend. I really like the one with the built in thumb grip. Should make for some nice shooters.

Dishware Tableware Saucer Wood Rectangle
Watch Plant Human body Neck Sleeve
Hand Sleeve Gesture Beige Collar

Attachments

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
I found this piece of crepe myrtle in a neighbors discards,and have been whittling away at it for a couple days now,i am kind of liking the way it moves under the knife,should be interesting as it already feels comfy in the hand.

Attachments

·
Amateur
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great minds...

Nice looking assortment you got there, buddy!
I've been watching a few of these grow for several years.
Nice! There were one or two forks on this tree that I'll be watching grow up!

I found this piece of crepe myrtle in a neighbors discards,and have been whittling away at it for a couple days now,i am kind of liking the way it moves under the knife,should be interesting as it already feels comfy in the hand.
I really like the shape of that. I have one about that size, maybe a bit bigger, that I left the bark on for a project for a future date.

Nice Score! I love the thumb brace fork! If you decide you can't go forward with that? Shout me. I'm sure we can cut a deal. :thumbsup:
Man, this thing feels so comfortable in the hand. I'm letting it dry out some more before I smooth up the forks a bit and band it up and put it to the test. The anticipation is building. If for some reason we just don't jive, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
What do you think about that Eldris Morakniv?
i actually like it for as small a knife as it is it is quite comforatable in the hand,its got kind of a weird grind geometry but it works well especially for push cuts,i originally got it to replace my izula for a belt knife,however the handle does not lend itself to a belt sheath configuration.overall excellent whittling/carving knife tho

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,179 Posts
What do you think about that Eldris Morakniv?
i actually like it for as small a knife as it is it is quite comfortable in the hand,its got kind of a weird grind geometry but it works well especially for push cuts,i originally got it to replace my izula for a belt knife,however the handle does not lend itself to a belt sheath configuration.overall excellent whittling/carving knife tho
I agree with Skarrd, great little knives for carving, and I have a couple of them, but I prefer a regular Mora knife for most of my carving / skinning of naturals.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts