Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Amateur
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was able to harvest a few natural forks off of an extremely overgrown Crepe Myrtle this past weekend. I really like the one with the built in thumb grip. Should make for some nice shooters.

nat1.jpg nat3.jpg nat4.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I found this piece of crepe myrtle in a neighbors discards,and have been whittling away at it for a couple days now,i am kind of liking the way it moves under the knife,should be interesting as it already feels comfy in the hand.

Attachments

·
Amateur
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great minds...

Nice looking assortment you got there, buddy!
I've been watching a few of these grow for several years.
Nice! There were one or two forks on this tree that I'll be watching grow up!

I found this piece of crepe myrtle in a neighbors discards,and have been whittling away at it for a couple days now,i am kind of liking the way it moves under the knife,should be interesting as it already feels comfy in the hand.
I really like the shape of that. I have one about that size, maybe a bit bigger, that I left the bark on for a project for a future date.

Nice Score! I love the thumb brace fork! If you decide you can't go forward with that? Shout me. I'm sure we can cut a deal. :thumbsup:
Man, this thing feels so comfortable in the hand. I'm letting it dry out some more before I smooth up the forks a bit and band it up and put it to the test. The anticipation is building. If for some reason we just don't jive, I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
What do you think about that Eldris Morakniv?

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
i actually like it for as small a knife as it is it is quite comforatable in the hand,its got kind of a weird grind geometry but it works well especially for push cuts,i originally got it to replace my izula for a belt knife,however the handle does not lend itself to a belt sheath configuration.overall excellent whittling/carving knife tho

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,686 Posts
i actually like it for as small a knife as it is it is quite comfortable in the hand,its got kind of a weird grind geometry but it works well especially for push cuts,i originally got it to replace my izula for a belt knife,however the handle does not lend itself to a belt sheath configuration.overall excellent whittling/carving knife tho
I agree with Skarrd, great little knives for carving, and I have a couple of them, but I prefer a regular Mora knife for most of my carving / skinning of naturals.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts