Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
A few years ago I built a large porch on the front of our house with a roof/peak coming out over it, when we were building it, I always joked with my wife that I was building it so I could shoot slingshots outside in the rain and not get wet. And yup that’s where I do most my shooting lol.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
A few years ago I built a large porch on the front of our house with a roof/peak coming out over it, when we were building it, I always joked with my wife that I was building it so I could shoot slingshots outside in the rain and not get wet. And yup that's where I do most my shooting lol.
I suffer from pirch/garden envy.
My top 2 porch envies are Darrin Glenn Cook & Matthew Cornelison.
Top garden envies are Len Ley and Dan Ambrosio...
My top 2 basement envies are Dan Hood and Matt Neyman.

I do have up to 45' feet of indoor hallway so I am not going to whine too much. I even enjoy rainy walks, but the pouch get all squishy.

Also ConnorA9, I sometimes just enjoy prepping a bag on rainy days.. but my dogs get confuswd when I pack and we just stay inside. hahaha...

What part of Scotland, mate?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A few years ago I built a large porch on the front of our house with a roof/peak coming out over it, when we were building it, I always joked with my wife that I was building it so I could shoot slingshots outside in the rain and not get wet. And yup that's where I do most my shooting lol.
Fair enough :rofl:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I suffer from pirch/garden envy.
My top 2 porch envies are Darrin Glenn Cook & Matthew Cornelison.
Top garden envies are Len Ley and Dan Ambrosio...
My top 2 basement envies are Dan Hood and Matt Neyman.

I do have up to 45' feet of indoor hallway so I am not going to whine too much. I even enjoy rainy walks, but the pouch get all squishy.

Also ConnorA9, I sometimes just enjoy prepping a bag on rainy days.. but my dogs get confuswd when I pack and we just stay inside. hahaha...

What part of Scotland, mate?
Slingshot porch envy should be an actual, registered thing now :rofl:

Yeah, that's actually a good idea. Gives you some routine and you can have spare bandsets made ready to be fitted to the frame when the others snap. Also, my dogs are just like that, too. My common reaction is : "No, Rosie/Eider, we are not going a double u ay el kay right now, stop it. Calm down. I'm making bandsets,"

I'm from the outskirts of Glasgow, in Lanarkshire.

·
Neophyte
2,122 Posts
I laughed at this top post. I well know that feels :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I laughed at this top post. I well know that feels :)
Yeah, it happened again, just there. Literally just after I picked up the soup cans I had waiting and filled them with water, the rain came pouring down big time. It doesn't seem to be budging the hundreds of wasps we have flying around the back window though....it's a pity that a slingshot isn't too useful there..

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
I dream of a covered area in the woods to stand under and shoot in a catchbox that is weather proofed...Now I just have to gain access and permission. hahaha...

Reactions: ConnorA9

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
That's when you've gotta just open the door and shoot from the house out into the yard! I would imagine living in Scotland you see plenty of rain.

Reactions: ConnorA9

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dream of a covered area in the woods to stand under and shoot in a catchbox that is weather proofed...Now I just have to gain access and permission. hahaha...
True, but it's worth trying to see if you can get access/the ok! That'd be so much fun.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's when you've gotta just open the door and shoot from the house out into the yard! I would imagine living in Scotland you see plenty of rain.
Normally yes, although I'm now terrified of ricochets in my back garden/yard. We see way too much rain, sometimes I can't shoot for a week or two straight because it just p*sses down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts