Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this beauty in the mail today from Harpersgrace. This is a woven (from Paracord) David Sling-like David used to slay Goliath according to biblical history. I saw one of these that Harp had made and commented on it next thing I know one of them is here! Thanks Harp! I haven't used one of these since I was a kid and even then it was only a few times. I want to give this a serious try. I have a whole trash can of golf balls on the side of my desk at work ( I always find golf balls on walks at lunch)-I think they would be pretty good ammo to try out.There is a big field behind me so I won't cause any damage to anyone or anything when I lauch this. Good to have that big field too in case I need the Medivac Helicopter to land to take me to the hospital in the event I tear my own head off shooting this thing! Should be fun. Now I have to find out he proper way to hold and release. Will I ever grow up? NAAAA! Flatband

Hand Azure Purple Gesture Finger

Attachments

·
A Can's Worst Nightmare
152 Posts
Give the Greek style a try not quite as powerful but a lot easier to hit your target. I have made several Apache braided slings my self with a canvas or leather pouch have fun with those.

·
Super Moderator
6,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ace,
what is the Greek style? I'm a total rookie with this. Flatband

·
Resigned
729 Posts
Yeah Gary!

I remember my first sling, father made it for me when I was 11 years old, boy did I cause some mayhem with that thing.

They are very deadly weapons in the right hands and they do take a lot of practice to use but I have seen some guys who are deadly accurate with a sling. Very worth the effort to master this ancient weapon.

Nico

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Glad you like it FB, actually that one is braided poly not paracord but it makes a good sling too, I actually prefer it. I put a link in a pm I sent you about a couple of different styles, slinging.org is the place for most things sling related.
Here's a article from that site that covers some basic styles
http://slinging.org/index.php?page=slinging-styles---david-taylor

·
Super Moderator
6,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, thanks again Harp. I think I joined that Slinging.org years ago,posted a few questions and never did return. We'll give it a try again and this time we'll be a participant hopefully ( or a casualty!) Fatband

·
A Can's Worst Nightmare
152 Posts
Give the Greek style a try not quite as powerful but a lot easier to hit your target. I have made several Apache braided slings my self with a canvas or leather pouch have fun with those.
It starts in front of you pointing toward your target then it one swing to your target. like pictured here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts