Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
He's 9 years old. It took some time to get him to shoot and improve accuracy. Had to start him fairly close, lots of frustration and "I'm not good at this"... but somehow he'd always come back to shoot with me after quiting. It's in his blood! He's gotten a lot better in the last 3 weeks. This summer it's been 4-5 hours of shooting a day, no school, no camp, just slingshot and swimming in the pool. Good way to waste away a perfect summer. Just my kinda holiday.

Make shift targets...electrical switch plates covers and a 8" stove pan covers. Wife keep complaining that shes got metal covers missing but hey...

That is Martins design which I made in May which he shoots pistol grip style. Somehow, he's choice over other bodies due to comfort. Bands by Gary "Flatband"...

HERE HE IS:

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Very Nice Peresh!!! Good to see you all still shooting!!!
He is doing great!!!

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
I just bought my 7-year-old grandson a barnet black widow, and I'm changing the tubes to trumark red rrt tubes. This is the setup Flatband recommends. Right now He's shooting a little natural I set up for him with chained rubber bands. I hope he's as good as your boy when he gets the hang of it. Great video.

·
Super Moderator
6,967 Posts
The kid can shoot Peresh! Quick release too! Very nice Pop!!!!!
Flatband

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is good stuff!! And yeah, I can't believe how quickly he releases!! I can't shoot that good yet, no way and I'm 29. haha. I think my 3.5 year old boy is to young to start shooting? I almost can't resist after watching your kid.

You surfcast Perish? I think those are pole holders on the Ford pickup?

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Definately a future champ if he persues that route. Even if he doesn't, he'll always be a good shot. Great form !

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all.

Start em early guys. It's better for them to get out than play Nintendo, xbox for hours all couped up in the house. We are moving him a foot back every few days when he's comfortable. He's now shooting at 31 feet as of yesterday. Too bad we haven't found any kids in the neighborhood who enjoy this type of fun. Not yet atleast. I gotta bring him to the East Coast Tournament the coming year.

CB900SS - Yes I surf fish around long island especially around Montauk, it's another passion of mine. I see you're in L.I ? Lets get together and dent some metal.

P

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you all.

Start em early guys. It's better for them to get out than play Nintendo, xbox for hours all couped up in the house. We are moving him a foot back every few days when he's comfortable. He's now shooting at 31 feet as of yesterday. Too bad we haven't found any kids in the neighborhood who enjoy this type of fun. Not yet atleast. I gotta bring him to the East Coast Tournament the coming year.

CB900SS - Yes I surf fish around long island especially around Montauk, it's another passion of mine. I see you're in L.I ? Lets get together and dent some metal.

P
P, I'm interested in denting some metal. Although I've only just started shooting again, and am not that accurate yet. What did you have in mind?

I'm also a surfcaster, and fishing takes up most of my free time. But getting slower as we reach August, I need to start resting for the fall run!

So you live out east? Or just travel to Montauk because of the fishing? I'm in Mastic Beach, but fish all over the island. Cupsogue east usually though... I also started fishing the North shore again this year and did really well. I've actually never fished Montauk point (I have the sandy beaches west though) due to the crowds... I feel I do just as well avoiding the crowds, but I was thinking about hitting the point once or twice this fall.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CB, Gary "Flatband" should be coming over as the temps cool off a bit to shoot at the house so as soon as I hear when, I'll let you know or you are always welcome before for a quick shoot.

PM Sent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.