Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did it! I made the best shot taken in the world today! Now, you're always gonna have some old guy claiming his shot was the best in the world today. We'll just go along with it and let the old men dream their dreams. Most of them can't even see! Anyway, here's the story:

The other day, I hurt my back putting on my pants. I was in agony, but I knew it was minor. I'd gone a year since I last threw my back out. So, today, I decided to try to walk it off and went for a 2 mile walk to the river and back. When I got there, I sat down on a bench and saw a 16oz beer can on the shore. Normally, I'd leave the can for an aluminum can hunter or toss it in the trash. However, the wind was blowing strongly at my back, so I decided to toss the can into the river and shoot at it as it drifted to the other bank, about 250 yards away. This is a big open area they call the Mill Pond. The can took off, far faster than I expected, but I loaded up a 1/4" ball and waited for it to clear a downed tree branch. It was out about 18 yards when I came to full draw and released. I hit it so dead center, there was a loud SMACK and the middle of the can collapsed! Talk about a satisfying shot! Now, it was only 18 yards, plus or minus a yard, but it was moving fast! If I had hit it 1/2" high or low, it would have rolled the can. To collapse it took a perfect hit! On this day, nobody in the world made a shot like that! That shot took a lot of my pain away, as I walked home in victory!

Joe

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then, to top the day off, I got a phone call from Bob Savage. Bob was the main force in the establishment of bowhunting seasons in Montana. He asked about archery equipment I was supposed to have made 7 years ago, lol! Slingshots were brought up, and I found out Bob has had a lifelong love of slingshot shooting! He told me this story:

When he was a kid, he and a friend were riding their bikes, when the town bully showed up, a big, older kid, and began picking on them, running his bike into theirs. The bully stopped and stood next to a tree. Bob spotted a hornet nest in the tree, right above the bully's head. He pulled out his slingshot and sent a rock into the nest! The enraged bees attacked the bully who took off into town, faster than Bob had ever seen a person ride a bike! He was screaming, about every three pedal rotations! He never bullied Bob again!

Joe

· Registered
699 Posts
Then, to top the day off, I got a phone call from Bob Savage. Bob was the main force in the establishment of bowhunting seasons in Montana. He asked about archery equipment I was supposed to have made 7 years ago, lol! Slingshots were brought up, and I found out Bob has had a lifelong love of slingshot shooting! He told me this story:

When he was a kid, he and a friend were riding their bikes, when the town bully showed up, a big, older kid, and began picking on them, running his bike into theirs. The bully stopped and stood next to a tree. Bob spotted a hornet nest in the tree, right above the bully's head. He pulled out his slingshot and sent a rock into the nest! The enraged bees attacked the bully who took off into town, faster than Bob had ever seen a person ride a bike! He was screaming, about every three pedal rotations! He never bullied Bob again!

Joe
great story!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.