1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Super! That looks like a perfectly competent frame with nice ergonomics. It may be cheap or free but the design is perfectly fine... My only gripe with it would be the aiming markers but that's personal because I won't use them. It has a comfy shape for a pinch grip and a good shooting gap that's not too wide. You may want to see if you can find your next frame with similar gap parameters and pinch grip... sometimes when the dimensions fall within the range of our preferences, it becomes a cherished shooter.

Slingshot frames don't need to be pretty or fancy or expensive to shoot well. So long as the material is rigid and safe and the dimensions of a frame are right for us, it will work! Some of us collect fancy frames just do it because it's an aquisition addicition... When we like something we just want more of the same in better versions... It's just an itch that needs to be scratched...

·
Premium Member
9,605 Posts
That's a nice little frame. Especially for the price. Glad to hear you're having fun.
And it only gets better!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
And if I remember right, the clay balls are not as expensive as some of the others anyway? I was considering it myself

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And if I remember right, the clay balls are not as expensive as some of the others anyway? I was considering it myself
I like the clay balls. Me and my son shoot a lot of posted signs and stuff and the clay balls explode instead of damaging the signs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Super! That looks like a perfectly competent frame with nice ergonomics. It may be cheap or free but the design is perfectly fine... My only gripe with it would be the aiming markers but that's personal because I won't use them. It has a comfy shape for a pinch grip and a good shooting gap that's not too wide. You may want to see if you can find your next frame with similar gap parameters and pinch grip... sometimes when the dimensions fall within the range of our preferences, it becomes a cherished shooter.

Slingshot frames don't need to be pretty or fancy or expensive to shoot well. So long as the material is rigid and safe and the dimensions of a frame are right for us, it will work! Some of us collect fancy frames just do it because it's an aquisition addicition... When we like something we just want more of the same in better versions... It's just an itch that needs to be scratched...
Yes! I agree with everything you said! Also I don't use the aiming markers. I have tried but it just seems to not be as accurate as "free eyeing".

·
Registered
962 Posts
Are these clay ammo you bought or did you make and bake them? Ive made my own in varied sizes and was mostly happy. Some of the ones that werent perfectly round shod a little wonky but most of them shot true. Are the store bought ones like this?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are these clay ammo you bought or did you make and bake them? Ive made my own in varied sizes and was mostly happy. Some of the ones that werent perfectly round shod a little wonky but most of them shot true. Are the store bought ones like this?
Those are the ones I bought! I've shot all of them and out of the 1600 I've shot only maybe 10 had deformities

1 - 10 of 10 Posts