Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Hey all,

Back in March 2018, I posted a video of a mini altoid shooter I called the Guillotine.

Skarrd played around with my design and he came up with these.

The picture collage is of my initial design.

The second picture is of Skarrd's mod/upgrade.

Thanks Skarrd for bringing back my design from the dead and sharing your awesome work! The shape of the third one feels real good in the hand and is so much fun to shoot!

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow! Very clever design ... that works really well ! ..... Q - 4U Covert5 : You mentioned shooting PFS style but I couldn't see you doing a "flick" on the release?

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! Very clever design ... that works really well ! ..... Q - 4U Covert5 : You mentioned shooting PFS style but I couldn't see you doing a "flick" on the release?
Woodbark, thanks for checking it out buddy. I actually tweak every shot. The camera angle makes it look like I'm not tweaking the pouch, but If you look very closely at my right thumb, you can see my thumb bent creating the "tweak." On the release, you can see my thumb curved creating the "speed bump."

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
The efficiency, Beauty, and simplicity I think this makes it awesome and fun.

Well done!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
C5,
I think Woodbark is asking about the frame holding hand and "flicking" it forward as the release occurs.

Woodbark, when I shoot pfs I never "flick" the lead hand and shoot just just fine with a twist & tweak of the release hand only. I have nearly zero range of motion in my left wrist.

I am curious as to whether the wood grain pattern orientation matters when making one of these...? A fork hit make just be the end of these aweet little G's.

Skaard, thoughts? Because I see a potential for many scrap pieces not to be wasted.

·
Registered
173 Posts
C5,
I think Woodbark is asking about the frame holding hand and "flicking" it forward as the release occurs.

Woodbark, when I shoot pfs I never "flick" the lead hand and shoot just just fine with a twist & tweak of the release hand only. I have nearly zero range of motion in my left wrist.

I am curious as to whether the wood grain pattern orientation matters when making one of these...? A fork hit make just be the end of these aweet little G's.

Skaard, thoughts? Because I see a potential for many scrap pieces not to be wasted.
That's correct MakoPat ; I got that impression from watching the numerous vids on shooting PFS .... as a way of avoiding fork hits due to the lack of a fork-gap on most PFS slings !

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
C5,
That's correct MakoPat ; I got that impression from watching the numerous vids on shooting PFS .... as a way of avoiding fork hits due to the lack of a fork-gap on most PFS slings !
Woodbark, Oohhh my apologies, sorry for the confusion buddy. I shoot like MakoPat. The flick of the frame is not needed to avoid frame hits when shooting pfs. As long as you have the twist and tweak of the pouch you are good to go! For me, I have more fliers if I flick the frame.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
MakoPat, thanks for checking it out brotha! Yah that's a good question regarding the wood grain. Just don't get any fork hits! Lol
Hahaha... I do my best.

@Woodbark, every slinger has to find their way to pfs.
I believe the "flick" can help, but if one cannot "flick" one can "tweak" just a bit more... also a static grip that tilts the fork tips ever so slightly forward can also help.

I wish I was a dynamic shooter, but my natural state is static shooting. Play to your stengths. Later you can explore new avenues.

·
Registered
173 Posts
MakoPat, thanks for checking it out brotha! Yah that's a good question regarding the wood grain. Just don't get any fork hits! Lol
Hahaha... I do my best.

@Woodbark, every slinger has to find their way to pfs.
I believe the "flick" can help, but if one cannot "flick" one can "tweak" just a bit more... also a static grip that tilts the fork tips ever so slightly forward can also help.

I wish I was a dynamic shooter, but my natural state is static shooting. Play to your stengths. Later you can explore new avenues.
MakoPat, I hear ya man and maybe later when I get bored enough with the conventional styles, I just may have a go at a PFS. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts