Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to trying a bandset on it and I'm happy enough so far. Will experiment a bit more with widths etc. The forks are huge 12mm bolts which have a free floating aluminium tube around them which allows the bands to spin and centre. It shoots well. Some old leather or fake leather for a pouch and cable ties or zip ties to keep the bandset together. The best constrictor knot is a zip tie pulled very tight !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Its all just stuff I had lying around except the theraband which I got on ebay. Its heavy but not too hard to hold and is basically indestructible. The only thing that limits how heavy a bandset you use is how strong your arms are ! It has decent power now with just a single tapered band each side.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It shoots really well, I will try various sizes and tapers of yellow theraband and see what works best. I guess the only restriction is how strong the shooter is, you could put the heaviest band possible on this thing and it would have no issue with it ! And it's all just nuts and bolts so I can always pull it apart and change the forks or evolve the thing in other ways. The handle is wrapped in adhesive foam that would have been used as a door seal or something and then I wrapped a heap of black electrical tape around that. Feels nice in the hand and doesn't slip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts