Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I´m an "old" member and found this section a few days ago...

Ok - for all who want to see and learn the Butterly style - from different perspectives: Front views, side and back views, pouch and slingshot views of a "live-butterfly-shooting-session".

Without talking - just shooting!

Here is my old video:

Have fun and

best regards
Torsten

· Premium Member
5,065 Posts
to me the butterfly is a thing of beauty, and he makes it look so simple, it actually is once you find the right bands, but if i could shoot with his accuracy i would rig everything butterfly, the speed is crazy and that also translates into energy. its fun but i am struggling with the right grip just because using the howitzer i get body side hand slap not target side, gonna have to talk with Tobias again!

thanks Torsten

· Registered
882 Posts
Torsten is the best shooting this style. This video have tought me a couple of things about my own shooting style. Saludos.

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It really doesn`t matter what style one shoots. The main thing is not the style - important is that you hit the target. And a bit of fun will also be great

It`s just a thing of personal preference.

Shooting the albatross style has an advantage for me: it generates incredible speed with incredible low draw. And the speed - plus the low draw force - makes it much easier for me to shoot long range because of the flatter trajectory. I`m not an expert in adjusting the my aiming with a larger drop - absoluteley not!!

Regards
Torsten

· Banned
850 Posts
Torsten also got me into albatross, it is challenging but worth it in the long run. I think it's really all in the release to master, we tend to over-complicate it focusing on forks, holds, etc. The best thing about albatross is the ability to maximize small bullets' potential. Of course this is true with larger balls as well, but with the little guys it seems impossible to get any semblance of power in a short draw.

Might I add I prefer the albatross moniker to butterfly- pink my slingshot is not, nor does it does not ride in a HelloKitty lunchbox.

· Premium Member
5,065 Posts
Torsten also got me into albatross, it is challenging but worth it in the long run. I think it's really all in the release to master, we tend to over-complicate it focusing on forks, holds, etc. The best thing about albatross is the ability to maximize small bullets' potential. Of course this is true with larger balls as well, but with the little guys it seems impossible to get any semblance of power in a short draw.

Might I add I prefer the albatross moniker to butterfly- pink my slingshot is not, nor does it does not ride in a HelloKitty lunchbox.
flot like a butter
fly sting like a bee

· Registered
1,759 Posts
Last night I hooked up a frame to shoot Albatross style and I have great news! Did not hit my face, hand or any windows! Also did not hit my target, but I scared it a few times. I used the Walmart Red latex sheets cut 3/4 inch. Not sure on draw length, but it's pretty long(i know i have "wingspan" of 78 inches). Man, those 1/4 and 5/16 steelies come ZOOMING out of there! No chrony, but the eyeball test says that my beer can target was VERY scared to see them zipping by. Am hoping with a bigger catchbox and some time, I'll be able to send that can to the great recycling center in the sky.
PS.. Torsten looks as smooth as Baryshnikov when he shoots. Great form

· Premium Member
5,065 Posts
Last night I hooked up a frame to shoot Albatross style and I have great news! Did not hit my face, hand or any windows! Also did not hit my target, but I scared it a few times. I used the Walmart Red latex sheets cut 3/4 inch. Not sure on draw length, but it's pretty long(i know i have "wingspan" of 78 inches). Man, those 1/4 and 5/16 steelies come ZOOMING out of there! No chrony, but the eyeball test says that my beer can target was VERY scared to see them zipping by. Am hoping with a bigger catchbox and some time, I'll be able to send that can to the great recycling center in the sky.
PS.. Torsten looks as smooth as Baryshnikov when he shoots. Great form
the important thing about your shoot is that you came out unscathed! but my fav part of your story is the fact that you brought fear into the hearts of those wicked hateful beer cans! keep it up!

· Banned
850 Posts
It's true, I'd shoot albatross just to look that cool! It really doesn't matter if your hitting or not if you're that smooth! Torsten's video on how to shoot albatross really does show some good form and different releases.

I've taken straight 20mm TBBk and folded it to fit Hogan Casting's Scallops, works for getting comfortable with the style, and also if you need to limit your power.

· Premium Member
5,065 Posts
It's true, I'd shoot albatross just to look that cool! It really doesn't matter if your hitting or not if you're that smooth! Torsten's video on how to shoot albatross really does show some good form and different releases.

I've taken straight 20mm TBBk and folded it to fit Hogan Casting's Scallops, works for getting comfortable with the style, and also if you need to limit your power.
very true, its in large the fun involved, but after while just like anything else, you will begin hitting, i keep getting closer and closer, and at the increased speed it is becoming a preferred method of shooting for me. less strain, more speed, gotta love it.

· Over 9001 Warning Points!
1,953 Posts
the relationship is not linear between red/green/blue/black and the speeds with the same taper and cut. stronger is not faster.

readme <=== here's the chart of resistance for FULL WIDTH theraband

· Premium Member
1,741 Posts
I understand the meaning of the chart figures, but real world its very complex to comprehend in my eyes, without complex mathematics at least.

I will start with Torstens measurements then tweak the tapers from there. Only by small amounts.

Anyone tried thera black over gold in short hunting style bands for 9.5mm steel to 12mm lead at all?

I really need to invest in a Chrony

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.