Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Here is a new design that is something like my "Lil Plinker" that dgui has been shooting with. It relies on the slim waist principle to make a good grip, an idea I learned from Bill Herriman's Classic.

It's bigger than the Lil Plinker, about the size of Henry from Panama's "Cholita", which I copied and like very much. But it's still a pocket shooter.

I cut it out this morning but didn't do much finish sanding on it yet. It feels good, though. I think it's going to be a good shooter. Hope somebody tries it.

Attachments

·
Banned
342 Posts
Once again you have shown that your talent is without equal. Very nice piece. Did you cut that out of baltic birch? Frogman

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
SWEET DH, I already printed it out, I have some 3/4" Red Oak ready to go. Thanks for posting.
Philly

·
Banned
342 Posts
Hey DH now that is a chip of the old block. Looks very familiar, I wonder where I've seen that style before? LOL... I must have missed that post, thanks for shareing...best to you. Frogman

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
SWEET DH, I already printed it out, I have some 3/4" Red Oak ready to go. Thanks for posting.
Philly
UPDATE: I cut one out this afternoon, sanded grooved and first coat of poly done. DH this frame feels great in the hand, the thin waist and wide end locks the frame in perfectly. This one is another winner from the Man.
Philly

Reactions: philly

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice design! A smaller upper handle would definitely help with gripping. I'll have to try that next.

What is the handle width at the smallest? What is the distance between forks?

Thanks,
Northerner
Hi Northerner,

The smallest handle dimension is 1/2", and the distance between the fork tips is 2-1/4".

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
That one looks like a real winner! I like all your stuff, DH. If only I had more workshop time!

·
Resigned
1,152 Posts
Looks nice Mr Bill. I'm a natural fork guy myself but I think it would mimic a natural and work well with my low-pinch fork-supported style.

Your creativity and willingness to share with the community is a real credit to you.

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're welcome, Ray.

And thanks, Jump.

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
Well here is my humble attempt at the "Chalice" by DH in 3/4" Red Oak, I made it a little bigger to fit my hands better and It does nicely. Locks in very well. I strapped it with Tabs as I have grown to like them alot lately. I fitted it with Gary's Flatbands 7/8x5/8x.050x 7 1/2" Latex. Shoots fast and flat. Thanks DH for another great design. Another classic in the making.
Philly

Attachments

Reactions: AhnkoChee

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great job, Phil! Thank you for trying this one. I hope you win the tournament with it this year

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
DH, this is a SWEET little design, thanks for sharing it. I couldn't wait to make one when I saw the drawing and pictures. I can tell already it is going to be one of my favorites.
Philly

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Very good looking design. I like it !

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
I had to give it a try. This is a great design and one helluva shooter. This one is made from reclaimed heart pine(actually from the timbers that the Sears&Robuck warehouse of Chicago IL was constructed from- Pitch Pine with lots of resin and character) over brazilian walnut/Ipe.

Great design DH, i like this one alot!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts