Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After (ahem) a failure regarding my attempt to make a compound slingcat, I decided to make a very conventional, yet unusual slingshot today.

This model is essentially a flatband "dankung" on steroids. The most pleasing element is that 8 of the 10 angles in this slingshot are 90 degrees! This is a welded wireframe, not a bent one. Don't ask me how many hours I spend filing down the welds.

The steel is 12 mm (almost 1/2") stainless. This is pretty much an unbreakable slingshot.

The way you shoot it is to hold the left grip side with the pinkie, the ring and middle finger, and you hold the rest with the index finger and thumb "hammer grip" style. This is a totally firm grip, very ergonomical.

The slight "V" shape of the fork enables a very low profile as there is no horizontal "bar" that you have to add to the fork height.

It is a big, powerful slingshot (18 cm high, 14 cm wide, 520 gramms heavy), I put on two layers of Thera Gold, 3,5cm x 2,5cm x18cm, essentially 20% more draw weight than the "hunterbands" Fish uses.

I am very pleased with this new slingshot!

Regards

Jörg

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Now that is what I call a Slingshot!!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
That is a great tip arrangement. I have use it several times and it shoots great. Nice design Joergs! Tex

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
This one and your most beautifull I have to say are my favorite ones but this one I just might have to copy off of if you don't mind. I like making mock copy's and just love your slingshots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts