Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LETS SEE IF I CAN DO THIS WITH OUT MESSING IT UP TO BAD

i dont get to post much but i got stab at this one Automotive tire Vehicle brake Rim Automotive wheel system Bumper

the duke threw this at us last week ,,,,
most kind of him an very very unselfish as unique as these forks are just to throw
them out there for every one to have is just way to cool
DUKE ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO KEEP ME COMING BACK,,,
THANKS
i was in such a hurry to get this one shoting i didnt spend much pretty time
with it an will do another with more time invested in it its worth it
so how it shoot ;;
it shoots very very well if you point shoot
i have had a hard time finding a sight plane,,,as of yet
my shooting range it a short alley behind my shop at work that i get to duck off in
between rushes
out to 10 or 15 yards just point an shoot an it on with thera gold an small 6mm b,b 1/4in
from wally world the bands i cut to the width of the fork with no taper at 8in an a eshot pouch
blistering fast the red bull can didnt move at first dead center mass shot blew threw it
just cant sight it like any of my others ,,
i like it a lott if ya havent given it a try try it ,,,
i wont to know what it can do with a real shooter behind the weel an not a hack like me

Attachments

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Nice one Jeff. I cut one out last night. I want to make it in ash, but the fork angles were so different, I thought it best to use a plywood prototype first. Maybe I will have an easier time getting used to it, as I'm an instinctive shooter anyway.

Good for you for hopping on this so quick.

·
Resigned
1,087 Posts
You have got me interested in this concept by the Duke. I intend to take a walk in my fav wood for Ash forks soon, and tie a couple of thick rubber bands around a nice fork to train it into this shape. Thanks.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thank you Jephroux for the review, I'm glad that this design is being used and has created some interest.
I am a point and shoot guy . Thus the design was built for my shooting style
hopefuly others may find it handy too.
I've been shooting it exclusively and have put no less than 300 7/16 steels down range over the last week! I'm using rectangular cut 25mm TBG!
It's a heII of a work out. No band breakage is the most interesting thing next to the comfort and the lack of shot deviation left and right when shot in the canted "gangster" style. I still get my normal vertical deviation of 3" at 25-30 ft.
I'm happy that someone is enjoying it, that's why I wanted to share it.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Nice job Jeff.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I love the looks of this one. Are there any advantages to the inverted forks?
love this one so much too.. one advantage would be fits better into narrow pockets, another would be if you jab someone with it it would break a rib.

but i think you mean the shooting, maybe it will have small effect of reducing hand slap compared to over the top, and bands will probably center better when pulled

1 - 13 of 13 Posts