Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

lots of people asked me if i had a design for a boardcut that has no curves, just edges. Obviously straight cuts are easier for people than curves.

OK, I designed a variation of the Phoenix. No curves! Rounding is easy, too. The attachment is old but unusual, I used it on my Carbon fiber slingshot and also on a steel frame I shot in Alverton. My bands lived forever! I think the design is responsible for this, in part.

I laminated scrap wood to it to make the palm swell, looked nice but the color was very bleak. So I inked it, this time in maize yellow. After sanding and linseed oiling, I think it is quite pleasing. Attached some light training bands.

A public domain design, pdf attached.

Jörg

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks great nice work

·
Panda... with a slingshot?!?
807 Posts
Nice work Jörg
! I may try making this in the future (when I have better tools)
It looks well thought out for people with less skill and/or no power tools

And isn't the problem with attaching bands by simply twisting office rubber bands the fact that it's hard to remove? The main reason I attach bands with strips of rubber is that you can leave a small bit poking out so you can easily detach the bands.

PS can I contact you via PM or email yet?

·
Registered
349 Posts
not sure if it still the effect of drugs for flu, but I think I have seen similar work in previous videos a few months ago, I could not say exactly which one.

is true or the brain is betraying me?

outstandig design, as usual mr. joerg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.