Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Finally I've finished working on this crazy slingshot. I would have never stopped to remove wood until I got a frame easy to hold. I think that it fits the right hand much better than the left one. Four stones were included by the root during its growth. I banded with TB 4 cm. wide, but I believe it's too strong, better would be 3 cm. wide tapered. Anyway I will try to get some shots to see how it works.
A collector's unique piece of poplar root. I hope you like it. Thanks for watching. Bob.

Attachments

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
I like the rocks! definitely sculpture

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
well Bob? now theres a great question, having one of your piece's in my collection i know they are very functional as slingshots, and since it occupies a place on my display it is also art. this one is even bigger, more contours, the cool rocks, just more all around character than mine, i would not be able to separate one from the other.

best wished my friend

·
Sometime Craftsman/ Artist of the Chalice
713 Posts
Bob, that is functional ARTwork, suitable for display anywhere from a coffee table to a museum centerpiece. Incredible Job!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Wow Bob! Seriously, you keep this up you'll be able to quite your day job and do this for a living! Beaut!!

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
That belongs in a Museum Bob, briliant.
Phily

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you everybody for your feedbacks. These roots are sculptures themselves made by nature and this is what I like. The challenge is to follow the shape that nature gave to the fork and turn it in a nice frame at the sight, soft and warm to the touch and able to shoot ammos or rocks.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Caprichosa manifestación de la belleza natural Bob, se ve exquisita! creo que dejaste de ser castor para convertirte en una tuza subterranea jejeje! genial amigo!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts