Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a maple handle that i had for some time. It allmost totaly hand carved. Used some rasps and files in the end. I have this table top oil with harpix in it. So i tried to stabilize it in a marinating machine/tumbler. It soaked up more than i thougth it would. After curing for 10 hrs ive started some sanding. Still a work in progress. :)
Insect Pollinator Wood Moths and butterflies Butterfly

Wood Wing Art Font Creative arts

Hand Food Gesture Finger Thumb

Human body Gesture Waist Thumb Wrist

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Yes, im trying to design for grip comfort this is the last iteration of several designs. As you see it looks a little like my profile picture. that was iteration 3, then i have 4 so this would be 5 i guess. Mostly PFS- shooters.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Nice work and design keep following your intuition it’s a good thing.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanx Royleonard and akajim. Intuition aint allways easy to understand. Alot of studying of other designs has gone into this trying to understand why they work. Then try to test an aspect into my own evolving pfs design. Its fun and rewarding when it works. Often i to back to my original printer 3d design. Its simple and works. :)

Banded and testshot to day. Works great feels solid with good support in the hand. Need to mod the finger grip section is a wee bit big.
Wood Natural material Fashion accessory Linens Wrist

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your intrested I`ll put up some more pics and a descriptions when its finished explaining the design. Maybe a longer post with all the itterations in it :violin:

/uba

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its done. Sanded to 1200 grit feels like ivory. Modded the finger section. Had to widen the throat to accomodate top slot. It infused with oil and harpix. Made a brass tube for the lanyard Hole. Wood Tree Hardwood Tints and shades Insect

Head Human body Wood Gesture Elbow

Food Wood Ingredient Cuisine Hardwood

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ty crypter27 :wave:

ive tested it and it works, feels good in the hand. Took it out to the boat landing in the contryside the other day. Fired at some buoy in the water. 25m very nice even hit one @ 50-75m. Then my son asked me to hit a big one with a big cabin cruiser moored to it. and i punctured the thing and it sank :panic: . Had a hard time getting a replacement buoy and row out before it went under, but we managed. Used 9mm steel and a underpowerd band. I guess the plastic was brittle and due for a replacement. What i took home from this is never shoot at airfilled buoys! :nono:

·
Slingshot Warrior
1,306 Posts
Ty crypter27 :wave:

ive tested it and it works, feels good in the hand. Took it out to the boat landing in the contryside the other day. Fired at some buoy in the water. 25m very nice even hit one @ 50-75m. Then my son asked me to hit a big one with a big cabin cruiser moored to it. and i punctured the thing and it sank :panic: . Had a hard time getting a replacement buoy and row out before it went under, but we managed. Used 9mm steel and a underpowerd band. I guess the plastic was brittle and due for a replacement. What i took home from this is never shoot at airfilled buoys! :nono:
I understand bro!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts