Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming soon from FlippinOut Slinghshots is the FlipKung 3G.

This slingshot will be offered in the Omega and Axiom profiles and will sport the 3G fork tips whereby one may shoot OTT, TTF, Chinese tubes, and ball in tube- all in one slingshot.

The frames will be precision cut from solid 304 Stainless steel sheets and will be available in two thicknesses- 1/4" and 3/8". These are great shooters as shown and can also be custom fitted with scales by the user, making it the perfect do it yourself project for an indestructible slingshot based on a proven and popular design.

All frames will come wrapped in paracord and be fitted with looped 1745 tubes and SuperSure Products bonded leather pouches.

The final production model will have slightly different fork tips than the one pictured below.

Please let me know what you think and whether you would prefer the 1/4" thick or 3/8" thick model. I am working diligently to have these available in the very near future.

The frame shown below is in the 3/8" thick edition.

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The finish looks neat. Is it beadblasted?
I have them tumbled in a coarse media to remove the sharp edges and lead in/lead out lines from the water jet. It gives them a nice texture and flat look. They can also be polished to a mirror shine.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks awesome! I hope to be buying a Flipkung soon!

-Restita

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Rayshot has one of the first prototypes. The production model will have a slightly smaller hole so that it may accommodate latex tubes(like the tru mark RRT) and the band tie slots will be slightly deeper and wider for a better finished look and fit when shooting flats either OTT or TTF.

I am still working out final pricing with the machine shop that does the cutting. The more I purchase, the less expensive each frame will be. Presently, the 1/4" frames should be somewhere between $45-$55 and the 3/8" between $50-60. That will include a paracord wrap and looped bandset with a SuperSure Products(Rayshot) pouch.

These frames will be perfect for the do it yourself slingshot enthusiast to modify and pimp out by adding handle scales, or using as a core for laminating other materials to.

I have really enjoyed shooting the prototypes and find them to be comfortable and very stable. I personally prefer the 1/4" model. When wrapped in paracord, it fits perfectly in my hand. However, the heft of the 3/8" model is very nice too.

I anticipate having only a limited number of the 3/8" made on the first run, as the raw material cost is significantly higher than the 1/4".

These frames are 100% made in the USA and are cut from 304 stainless steel. They are rock solid and built like a tank!

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Whhhhaaattt? Prototype? How did I miss that? A better 3g fork tip? Just kidding.

I agree the adjusted fork tip will be "the bomb". I really like that the hole in the tip will be smaller. I believe this will be a great adjustment that will facilitating a fast easy centering of the tubes, even though it isn't an issue with the one I have.

I find the Dankung type large hole takes more attention and effort to have the tubes positioned, if you don't shoot Dankungs regularly. I have far more fliers with the Dankungs when I pick one up to shoot, since I don't shoot them regularly.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Very nice, while I'm not a huge Dankung fan, I may just have to start saving my pennies for a flipkung.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
There will be a market for these for sure. I like the dankungs but dont like buying from china. Plus it has the shape and forks to boot.

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
Another great product from Flippinout, nice work Nathan.
Philly

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Geez, Nathan. I spent hours yesterday trying to organize my collection of slingshots into some semblance of order, like self-made and those made by others. But that was still a mess, so I tried naturals, boardcuts, metal, and chinese. Still a mess. I came to the conclusion I have way too many slingshots. . .

Now this. My brain is stalling out now.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts