Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent a lifetime at this $#@% computer with a wild hair and a grief filled idea to load my slingshots into a Gallery Photo Album. Next on my list is to drag this computer outside and fill it full of 3/8" Steel Balls!

Suffice to say that there seems to be 3 different photo commands loaded into the system with the goal of just flat out making you crazy. Upside down photos show downside up. Load a sideways photo and it comes in correct. Photo's don't stay where you put them, then change again depending on which feature you open! Rotate Left to go Right. Rotate Right to go Left??? I am not crazy, seriously.

Save yourself A LOT of mayhem and skip this part of the Forum. I would send a note to the moderators but I am going blind with madness.

Good Luck!! MMM

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,410 Posts
I just spent a lifetime at this $#@% computer with a wild hair and a grief filled idea to load my slingshots into a Gallery Photo Album. Next on my list is to drag this computer outside and fill it full of 3/8" Steel Balls!

Suffice to say that there seems to be 3 different photo commands loaded into the system with the goal of just flat out making you crazy. Upside down photos show downside up. Load a sideways photo and it comes in correct. Photo's don't stay where you put them, then change again depending on which feature you open! Rotate Left to go Right. Rotate Right to go Left??? I am not crazy, seriously.

Save yourself A LOT of mayhem and skip this part of the Forum. I would send a note to the moderators but I am going blind with madness.

Good Luck!! MMM
LOL MO, I feel your pain brother, that's why I quit using my computer and do pics and all else from my phone using Tapatalk.....much easier to load pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was the problem, and an Apple computer no less! I did head for my phone but I didn't see this feature available. Insanity!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I quit loading pictures on most forums and strictly use Facebook and Instagram exactly for this reason. Just about every slingshot forum has the most unfriendly photo loading process imaginable. Even worse is when you load a picture to large and it is unable to downsize it on its own. When you look at the picture size allowed, you realize not a single modern cell phone takes pictures that small any more.

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More than anything I am a little relieved that it wasn't just me. My wife has hinted around 740 times that I need to be on Facebook. I am not going to tell her that all she needs to do is bribe me with some donuts and I'll get er' done.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Great pictures Mo...

You have some cool slings. I also packed a shepherds sling around. Still have one, haven't "slung" since I came to Az. Should build another. Never got good enough to hit anything but I could throw a rock hard enough to make it whine like a rickoshey (?sp) 8>(

·
Registered
446 Posts

Good Luck!! MMM
LOL MO, I feel your pain brother, that's why I quit using my computer and do pics and all else from my phone using Tapatalk.....much easier to load pics

I use Tapatalk it's actually quite easy to use, I use Instagram too but I'm reluctant to use Facebook, too much drama.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I use FB and IG. I use FB for some sling related stuff, but it's mostly family and friend stuff. I use IG strictly for slingshots and hobbies. Remember though, IG is owned by FB and they will constantly "suggest" linking the two accounts. I never do so I can steer clear of the FB insanity!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I use FB and IG. I use FB for some sling related stuff, but it's mostly family and friend stuff. I use IG strictly for slingshots and hobbies. Remember though, IG is owned by FB and they will constantly "suggest" linking the two accounts. I never do so I can steer clear of the FB insanity!
What's you IG I'll give you a follow

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
slingsandstrings

·
Registered
446 Posts
slingsandstrings
I've added you, it's on my wood carving account of a similar name to this lol

·
Registered
400 Posts
I got a photo compression app on my phone just for posting on forums. They’re free and pretty easy. I don’t seem to run into many problems when posting pics in topics but when trying to change my profile pic, no matter how I flipped the pic the forum wanted to make it upside down. Forget how I got it to finally orientate right. It is easier on FB and IG and I have accounts on those platforms ONLY for sling related stuff but the forums are where my heart is, posting here is always a priority over social media

1 - 17 of 17 Posts