Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Someone from another forum challenged me to make a slingshot that has NO fork, just finger attachments.

Made one today! Cut it from leather, laced it up and watered it, so it takes on the form of my fingers.

This works. Can't use my strongest bands, but Thera Gold, 3cm x 2 cm, no problem. It is fun!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Very interesting!!! I did a bit of experimenting with it and concluded that if you make a sleeve that binds your index and middle finger together it works even better. The two fingers together approximately equal the strength of the thumb. Try it and see what you think.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I tried more or less the same idea two weeks ago, just tying the bands around my fingers. The idea was likewise to reduce size and weight. It lacked power and decreased safety.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
JoergS,
Does that mean you have to leave it on all the whole time you're shooting? I'm just curious if you were in a situation where you had to take it off to use your hand.
It looks cool though and I look forward to the video if there is one.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can put it on and off in about three seconds. Like a glove.

Of course there will be a short video! Tomorrow.

Jörg

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
I admire the innovation, but i'm going to pass on this one. I cherish my digits too much...especially after already having one surgery that resulted from shooting sligshots.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
That one will sure fit in any pocket ! Would it be considered legal in Australia? I like it very much ! Kinda wish I had thought a bit more about the "slingshots" we smuggled into school when I was young. We used rubber-bands and folded and bent in half paper for ammo. Easy to toss and find more later. Cool Joerg, very cool!

·
U.S.N. Retired
433 Posts
Very nice. Reminds me of my old school days shooting paper clips with a rubber band between index finger and thumb.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts