Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
Our country has a gun problem... well I wouldn't call it a problem.. I believe in guns. But thing is, when every other person is armed, it kills the imagination. We can't imagine any other kind of weapon that isn't a gun.

Hey look... there's a rat! Pull out your Tokarev and kill it!

What? What did you say? You are going to use a "slingshot"??? Slingshot? What is THAT?

But for some reason slingshots are finally starting to show up here and there. For your amusement, I want you to have a look at what was available to me this morning.

I am glad I can make my own and that this forum has a template section.

The Good:

Comes with a laser. Supposed to be able to catch fish.

Product Toy Guitar accessory Font Line

Product Font Sleeve Automotive lighting Automotive design

Toy Gesture Lego Wrist Jewellery

The old trusty wrist-rocket. My first ever slingshot.

Vision care Eyewear Gas Serveware Font

Knuckle Duster...

Bicycle part Font Electric blue Jewellery Nickel

Tanto... (forks might be Chineseum.. see below)

Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle fork Crankset Bicycle part

Hood Human body Sleeve Automotive exterior Bumper

The Bad:

Gamekeeper John reviewed this one once... the fork broke off. He also mentioned it had broken a user's teeth and nose. You can see the forks are thin and when it says "alloy" not "stainless steel" they mean some kind of zinc-alloy... also known as Chineseum". Need to stay away from these.. they are dangerous to the user.

Drinkware Font Metal Jewellery Fashion accessory

Another Chineseum" example:

Font Crane Jewellery Machine Fashion accessory

China makes excellent slingshots. Just be sure you get the good stuff.

The Ugly:

Pakistani slingshots.. "Gulail". These might be good in the right hands... who knows. I just don't like the looks. Notice the thick rubber on some of them.

Vertebrate Natural material Animal product Wood Art

White Human body Finger Gesture Thumb

Neck Collar Feather Natural material Font

Hand Photograph Textile Finger Gesture

Outerwear Wood Fashion design Font Wool

Plant Natural material Wood Textile Branch

Attachments

·
Registered
935 Posts
I would keep making your own, I like your work.

If you see anyone using something good or jankey send them to the forum. Or sell, trade, or give one you have away.

Mr. Tag and sling-n-shot do something similar.

The more I give or sell away slings the more space I have for a new one.

Spread the good word, you have the knowledge.

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
I would keep making your own, I like your work.
Thanks. The above pics.. they are what's available online right now... I wouldn't buy any of them. The template section has much better ones.

Or sell, trade, or give one you have away.
Naww... nobody in this country is interested in slingshots. Dumb people.

The more I give or sell away slings the more space I have for a new one.
That makes sense....

We believe in guns here in America also, to me, its a good thing.
All weapons are a good thing. They keep people honest.

·
Super Moderator
6,124 Posts
In Portugal you are literally not allowed to own anything that can be used as a weapon. Gun ownership isn't a problem - but only sport shooting... and you have to be able to prove ongoing use every five years to retain your licence/s.

Also anything that disguises itself as some thing else is also illegal. Those sling knives would fall into that catagory.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
There are only a handful of people in Canada that I even know that shoot Slingshots. Maybe a dozen at the most. Everyone here thinks of them as kids toys. I'm doing my part to introduce canadians to the hobby, but it's not an easy task.

We have strict gun laws, but as long as a person has a clean record and passes a gun safety course, you can own non-military style guns for hunting or sport. A handgun requires a restricted weapons permit and can only be used at a gun range...
Most gun owners here are hunters. They are used as tools, not for fun (for the most part) and it's illegal to use them for self defense. If you shoot someone intentionally, you get charged, go to jail, and get a life-time firearms ban. You'd have to prove it was totally accidental in order to walk...even when threatened.

I have quite few hunting rifles and shotguns, but I use my slingshot for all small game hunting. The only time I use my rifles and shotguns are for deer and moose...or when I have to put food on the table, for ducks geese, and pheasant..but I usually hunt them with a slingshot

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
In Portugal you are literally not allowed to own anything that can be used as a weapon. Gun ownership isn't a problem - but only sport shooting... and you have to be able to prove ongoing use every five years to retain your licence/s.

Also anything that disguises itself as some thing else is also illegal. Those sling knives would fall into that catagory.
He11 I would be illeagl there in Portugal.

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those sling knives would fall into that catagory.
Around here, anything goes, as long as you don't say it's name out loud. :rofl:

Like brass/steel knuckles are illegal in most of USA (I think). Over here though:

https://www.daraz.pk/products/fu-survival-multifunctional-edc-finger-clasp-silvery-i130256354-s1290095161.html?spm=a2a0e.searchlist.list.15.6faeca07VpbnDL&search=1

Just don't call it by it's name... call it "FU Survival multifunctional EDC finger clasp silvery"...... :rolling:

On a side note... brass knuckles are not what I thought they were... they can hurt the user worse than the bad guy.

By European rules, this would be outlawed for sure:

https://www.daraz.pk/products/colonel-stick-camping-gadget-i160950016-s1327782452.html?spm=a2a0e.searchlist.list.1.2a8c7d362QTaBK&search=1

A swagger stick with a sword in it...

·
Super Moderator
6,124 Posts
Knuckle Dusters / Throwing Knives / Daggers are illegal (even to simply own) - Swords you need to have a licence for (even if just a wall ornament)

In fact the only self-defence item thats carried regularly here is hair spray - apparently its for hair - so no problem :)

You are permitted to carry a knife with a blade length under 90mm - which wins out over the UK as there is no mention of locking mechanism (So fixed blades no problem).

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
This is pretty standard in many Swiss households:

http://www.sigsauer.swiss/en/sg-550-pe-90-assault-rifle.php

You need a firearms acquisition certificate to buy handguns, but all non-semiautomatic rifles can be purchased without a license. Shooting firearms at gun ranges is mandatory i.e. no "plinking" in the wilderness. Many people do competitive target shooting.

Getting a hunting license requires passing a very demanding written exam after extensive courses. Gun carrying permits are very difficult to obtain, but we can carry pepper spray - like this product:

https://www.guardian-angel.com/en/

Slingshots? :hmm: I must be one of the very few and far between enthusiasts in my region, it's simply not something that has caught on here. In a sense, that suits me fine, because there is no restrictive legislation other than a ban on wrist-braced slingshots. Shooting airguns or slingshots in the back yard is no problem here, but hunting with any of these is "verboten".

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Our country has a gun problem... well I wouldn't call it a problem.. I believe in guns. But thing is, when every other person is armed, it kills the imagination. We can't imagine any other kind of weapon that isn't a gun.

Hey look... there's a rat! Pull out your Tokarev and kill it!

What? What did you say? You are going to use a "slingshot"??? Slingshot? What is THAT?

But for some reason slingshots are finally starting to show up here and there. For your amusement, I want you to have a look at what was available to me this morning.

I am glad I can make my own and that this forum has a template section.

The Good:

Comes with a laser. Supposed to be able to catch fish.

attachicon.gif
744d9ec9d90344e74475770ce7c42560.jpg

attachicon.gif
c37aba2fac93118217531246f2cf6475.jpg

attachicon.gif
f1d36cf925982fdcde5c281ba0e42cdc.jpg

The old trusty wrist-rocket. My first ever slingshot.

attachicon.gif
708e2ab6cbe8a341c6e90db92093406b.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

Knuckle Duster...

attachicon.gif
9467c18cef5120d71354ed637ed8cd6b.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

Tanto... (forks might be Chineseum.. see below)

attachicon.gif
2e918450e6de0ad607c67ef8eefe85cd.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

attachicon.gif
1124be761ab944b29f3e6ee73bf6bc88.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

The Bad:

Gamekeeper John reviewed this one once... the fork broke off. He also mentioned it had broken a user's teeth and nose. You can see the forks are thin and when it says "alloy" not "stainless steel" they mean some kind of zinc-alloy... also known as Chineseum". Need to stay away from these.. they are dangerous to the user.

attachicon.gif
385bfeacf7bae6cd48f5282a9b00fb1e.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

Another Chineseum" example:

attachicon.gif
fd6b3e9928369f39b1e934c49d500255.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

China makes excellent slingshots. Just be sure you get the good stuff.

The Ugly:

Pakistani slingshots.. "Gulail". These might be good in the right hands... who knows. I just don't like the looks. Notice the thick rubber on some of them.

attachicon.gif
4fbd4bfca5c360b5165798ebfdb153e5.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

attachicon.gif
18ff4eabf7edecd1ea04c8ff9f04d74f.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

attachicon.gif
029ea3deb0782445cc4a8ef5f9e0ff14.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

attachicon.gif
99544abb244bf2fad1d2d753a2c4dc1b.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

attachicon.gif
f0a96fcde2970ffe4e1f14147d2f49ce.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

attachicon.gif
f5bb800fe718a40552a8ad0e1ab9dc7d.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

Hell yes the Pakistani slingshot (in the above photo) is really ugly :screwy:

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the Pakistani slingshot (in the above photo) is really ugly
Well someone is buying them or else they wouldn't keep making that dreadful thing over and over. Maybe there is a trick to using them... gawd might know... I sure don't.

All I know is I'll hurt myself with one of those.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.