Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read a post by Tex and the pictures he posted got me to thinking about my obsession with slingshots. I’m definitely looking forward to see how the sport of slingshots progress, but at the same time I’m equally or maybe a tad more interested in the history of slingshots???? My first experience with slingshots started out with a life long friend MJ and Bill Hays and their families. I was fortunate enough to attend 3 slingshot tournaments put on by MJ and his family. The tournaments were more than I could have ever imagined, first class people and amazing talent. There was even a fine gentleman that played Stairway to Heaven on a Ukulele???? Thank you Kaw Kan???????? I’ve learned life lessons from members like Winnie, Bushpotchef toolshed and numerous others.

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
I'm with ya Tag. The future will certainly be interesting but the history of flip's was a big part of my family.
Old stories of my folks coming through the depression and WWII taking game with their flips when they had no shells for the 22.
They're all gone now but the memories remain. I guess that's partly why I hunt with em when I could easily take game with a gun.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I really hope it stays a very simple pastime. I think some of the biggest advances have been in building materials and more efficient banding but the basic design of slingshots hasn't gotten radical.

Maybe because I hang out here with fanatics, I haven't noticed many people shooting big frames with wrist support, oversized tubing and stabilizers. Hopefully because simpler is better!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You can learn a lot about the development of ergo slingshots by reading old posts. It was not that long ago that forum members were discussing wire-framed, wrist-braced slingshots. Ergos, flat-bands and thin tubes evolved over several years, often with input from forum members. Slingshot grip methods continue to evolve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts