Slingshots Forum banner

The Joys of Green 0.8 GZK Flatbands

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  ConnorA9 
#1 ·
I recently ordered half a metre of green 0.8 GZK flatbands to try with 8 and 9.5mm steel balls. I followed some advice I found online of a 22-15mm taper for the 9.5's, and upon fitting the bandset and testing it, the power I got was incredible. From about 15 metres away, I sniped a tin soup can filled with water, and the ball went straight through, knocking it a good 4 feet up in the air, without slowing down that much behind. The shots that missed the can embedded themselves about 1-1.5 inches into the rotting birch log below. Since I still had 8mm steels left, I made a bandset with a 15-10mm taper, excitedly plopped it into/onto the frame and gave it a go. Again, straight through the tin can, although they lacked the satisfying wallop that the 9.5's give. Great adaptable elastic!

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sounds like lead's the best bet for that, although I don't actually know what tapers would suit it as I've never weighed the small amount of the stuff that I've shot (don't like handling lead if I can help it).The amazing thing about slingshot shooting is that everyone's always learning. Not far off 2 years ago, I thought that the thicker the bands were, the faster the ammo would fly :rofl:, I now cringe at that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.