Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last frame I ordered finally arrived two days ago. It is a slim line feihu fork made of steel.
This one fits my shooting style perfectly and it is as pocketable as it can possibly be! The other, wooden feihu, is very beautiful visually, but I cant shoot it consistently. This one is a dream!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I can make this frame work, but it takes a lot of precision in holding it just right. Those feihus are definitely giving me some trouble!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it, but I really shoot the Popeye much better. Today its the first day that I didnt shoot the lbs, as I shoot it so well that it becomes boring lol, I just experiment with other frames, waiting for the natty to dry and band her up!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Very nice my friend that the first like that one I've seen. Glad to hear I'm not the only one struggling with the Feihu design. Would you mind posting one of your wooden one? Mines resin from AliExpress but I love it. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice my friend that the first like that one I've seen. Glad to hear I'm not the only one struggling with the Feihu design. Would you mind posting one of your wooden one? Mines resin from AliExpress but I love it. :)
I posted some pics here https://slingshotforum.com/topic/118594-slingmail-and-first-impressions/#entry1333412

Yeah, the slightest mistake or inconsistency in holding the frame, and a flyer is coming along instead of hitting dead center. Its weird really. I do shoot the feihus as a learning tool now lol!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have that stainless steel frame ($7-$8 on Aliexpress) and I think it's great for that price or even for much more considering what you have to pay for plastic (HDPE, etc) slingshots handmade in the Western world (USA, UK, etc).

But the fork heads are really small and broke my bands after a short time.

Now I attached Roma tabs to those small fork heads.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I posted some pics here https://slingshotforum.com/topic/118594-slingmail-and-first-impressions/#entry1333412
Yeah, the slightest mistake or inconsistency in holding the frame, and a flyer is coming along instead of hitting dead center. Its weird really. I do shoot the feihus as a learning tool now lol!
Yeah I honestly thought it was me, I was going to post a pic of a target from 10m shooting the other day. It was 3/8" marbles and it was weird: 1st shot dead centre, second shot dead centre, third shot 12 o clock 3" in line with the bull, 4th shot high right, 5th shot dead centre, 6th shot level with bull 2" left, 7th shot dead centre, 8th shot dead centre, 9th shot dead centre, 10th shot missed the paper.

This was on a traced CD target with a 1/2" bullseye. I really would like to get proficient enough to hunt with one some day, for now it's practice pratice lol.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I honestly thought it was me, I was going to post a pic of a target from 10m shooting the other day. It was 3/8" marbles and it was weird: 1st shot dead centre, second shot dead centre, third shot 12 o clock 3" in line with the bull, 4th shot high right, 5th shot dead centre, 6th shot level with bull 2" left, 7th shot dead centre, 8th shot dead centre, 9th shot dead centre, 10th shot missed the paper.

This was on a traced CD target with a 1/2" bullseye. I really would like to get proficient enough to hunt with one some day, for now it's practice pratice lol.
For some reason those frames require much finesse. I really wonder why. Its probably the way we grip them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts