Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this design in the Shared Designs forum a couple of days ago. I finished it but it still needs some varnish. This slingshot isn't really my style, and the choice of woods wasn't attractive enough for me to go to great pains on the finish. But it does what I designed it to do. It gives the shooter a lot of leverage for pulling strong bands. If you like shooting TBG doubles, this is a good bet. I tried it out and was well pleased.

The handle is laminated with a layer of wild cherry which I cut from a tree branch and a layer of red oak. This project clearly took me a little outside my comfort zone. But I'm learning, haha.

Sorry but it's an overcast day so the pics ain't too good.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Firstly, you did a fine job on it! It's a great looking design. I'll have to check the pdf, thanks for sharing it. If you don't get on
with it, and want to let it go keep me in mind, I can trade you some raw, stock forks for it, or paypal da account.

sean

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Looks like something very different. I like it...super low forks...how low can you go...

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great so far, Beanflip! If your friend likes hammer grip and heavy bandage, he'll like this one for sure.

(I can't understand how you are going to cut those laminations to shape, now. I cut mine roughly to shape with my new band saw first, then after gluing, I filed them to shape. Hope to see more of the build as it progresses?)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
This catty is a nice, nice design as far as I'm concerned. I'll be watching the thread closely. I've got to get out and grab some
more baltic birch and get going on a few of these.

sean

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Very Nice Bill!! Interesting look!

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Perry!!!!!!!! Howdy, man, what brought you out of the sawdust pile?

Thanks for the compliment. I bet you're wondering why no feedback on your great products yet? I been real busy but it's coming, bud. I apologize for dragging my feet. Ashamed to say I haven't even gotten the chance to launch the arrow yet.

Take care old friend.

·
Super Moderator
4,094 Posts
Looks great so far, Beanflip! If your friend likes hammer grip and heavy bandage, he'll like this one for sure.

(I can't understand how you are going to cut those laminations to shape, now. I cut mine roughly to shape with my new band saw first, then after gluing, I filed them to shape. Hope to see more of the build as it progresses?)
This is the first time I have laminated anything. I trimmed off most of the excess with the band saw. Then some pretty quick shaping down with my Micro plane rasps.

·
Super Moderator
4,094 Posts
Here is the progress so far. This design is even better than it looks. Having it physically in front of me, I like it even more. Nice one DH. This is my first laminate and first hammer style.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts