Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
That's nice to see. I've a couple of books on non-ferrous casting but gave up my outdoor facilities to save on costs. The indoor shop's got sprinklers so won't be suitable.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very interesting, Peter. Do you sometimes use different process such as ceramic moulds or always green sand?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Fantastic pics! Thanks.
I've seen investment casting being done and also ancient style bronze casting using soapstone moulds, but this is my first clear look at sand casting. This sort of stuff is endlessly fascinating to me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Woos you gyes made that!!! Cool aluminium and stuff! Nicely done! Anything that will come into production? I havn't got anything metal so far, maby this would be a god place to start!
Cool pics

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Hugues
We have 4 types of casting medium Lost wax/Air set sand (silica)/Green sand/Gravity die casting.
I much prefer to work in green sand with a petrobond faceing sand the skill needed to make good casting is much higer than with the other and the end results are good .Also the cost for seting up are much cheeper so i can make 1off specials and also volume if needed. just to let you know the killdeer in brass went in for final polashing last night will post picturs when i get it back.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Amazing work Peter you really are a Master Craftsman of your trade. Thanks so much for sharing the photos of the Process of casting Metal. I hope my good friend Geko will like his gift for making me his original Egro of Ebony Wood that made a grown man cry when the right folk snapped. I wish you great success with your business my good friend and i will post photos of my Geko Egro cast in Aluminum and Brass when they arrive.
DSC01359.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Amazing work Peter you really are a Master Craftsman of your trade. Thanks so much for sharing the photos of the Process of casting Metal. I hope my good friend Geko will like his gift for making me his original Egro of Ebony Wood that made a grown man cry when the right folk snapped. I wish you great success with your business my good friend and i will post photos of my Geko Egro cast in Aluminum and Brass when they arrive.
View attachment 1329
That's a superb idea for resurrecting broken slingshot frames.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts