Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys not posted in a while here
Hope everyone is well.

Thought I'd share this pretty special set I made with you all.

1. Axiom ocularis
2. My toad design
3. Ocularis pfs

1. Axiom ocularis

'Vine' file work 1/8" solid brass core with red and blue G10 opposing spacers, followed by brass spacers. Then a chunky off white G10 back scale.
On the front scale it's a two toned red and blue Ctek with clear resin, backed with an off white G10 spacer.
Finished up with my new hand stamped brass logo coins and brass lanyard tube.

Finally I've had some custom ocularis plug stretchers made, my logo in a red to blue fade, matching the build scheme nicely.

I really went heavy on the shaping with is one. Allowing it to be and ergonomically comfortable as possible. The deep contouring round the waist of the handle really allows the middle and ring finger to lock in consistently shot after shot.
The finger and thumb brace area have also been shaped in too which helps align the forks correctly when shooting.

2. The toad.

Starting with a slightly thinner brass core followed by opposing red and blue G10 spacers to match the front swell material.
Then followed by brass spacers.
A back plate of off white G10.
Then more of the stunning two tone red and blue Ctek. I love the way this stuff changes colour as you more it. With a off white G10 spacer behind it.

Finished up with a hand stamped brass logo coin.

3.The ocularis PFS.

I kept the core construction alittle more simple on this one not trying to bulk the frame out too much with is important for a pfs I think.

Starting with a thin brass core and blue and red opposing G10 spacers.
The same off white G10 back plate and then the two tone blue and red Ctek on the front again with the off white spacer behind it.

I've also added a matching Ctek 'pinky swell' to the back of the frame which adds alittle more thickness to the base of the handle allowing the fingers to bunch up and lock into the skinny waist of the handle.

On the front side I've created a side to side curved shape to the handle. Thing creates a really nice corner the the side of the handle which really lock nicely into the palm/finger pads. Which again help have a comfortable hole on these small pfs frames.

Finished up with some more custom ocularis plug stretchers with my logo in faded red to blue
And a hand stamped brass logo coins but this time on the back of the frame.

This set went to a great friend of mine and are not for sale sorry.

Credit to Nathan masters at simpleshot for the ocularis attachment system

Credit to Nathan masters at simpleshot for the axiom ocularis design

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The "Pride" has returned big time. Some serious looking frames guys! Great to see you posting again!
Thank you Gary.
Think this app I have now is better to look on the forum with so hopefully be posting and commenting more now.

Hope you're well bud great to hear from you

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts