Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we have just completed a new slingshot that martin sent me in the post late last year, We have copleted the slingshot in British Racing Green the colour that martin likes
I will try to post pictures of the MERLIN on Wednesday the slingshot will go on sale in our new Slingshots from around the world page on our web site. we hope to have this page copleted in the next 2 weeks we still have more slingshot to make and take photos of thanks Pete

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Great news Pete, look forward to seeing it.

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Hi Pete, and how are the gang moulds coming along? I am ready and waiting for a .62 from you all. Also, are you ever going to do a single-cavity scissors type? I look very forward to your reply and quick release of this mould.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Hi Pete, and how are the gang moulds coming along? I am ready and waiting for a .62 from you all. Also, are you ever going to do a single-cavity scissors type? I look very forward to your reply and quick release of this mould.
Hi a lot of time and work has gone into the designe of the moulds .we have now with the tool maker a set of universl moulds that will
allow us to make a basic blank resin pattern them M/C the slug size cavities in to the resin master patterns then cast metal moulds from this.
Has with all slingshot business it appearers that cost is a issue? so this was the best option to try and help keep our set up cost down
so we can make moulds of most shot sizes from the master tooling at the same price a bit like one price fits all?.has for the mould designe we are taking out a designe copey right on it a my main company is sorting that out for me.so i carnt say to much more on this just that point noted????
we will of corse show them on the forum as soon as they are ready.
all the best
Pete

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Hi a lot of time and work has gone into the designe of the moulds .we haveset out with the tool maker a set of universl moulds that will
allow us to make a basic blank resin pattern them M/C the slug size cavities in to the resin master patterns then cast metal moulds from this.
Has with all slingshot business it appearers that cost is a issue? so this was the best option to try and help keep our set up cost down
so we can make moulds of most shot sizes from the master tooling at the same price a bit like one price fits all?.has for the mould designe we are taking out a designe copey right on it a my main company is sorting that out for me.so i carnt say to much more on this just that point noted????
all the beat
Pete

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Hi a lot of time and work has gone into the designe of the moulds .we have now with the tool maker a set of universl moulds that will
allow us to make a basic blank resin pattern then we will M/C the slug size cavities in to the resin master patterns then cast metal moulds from this.
all the best
Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.