Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out shooting some cans today and a few of the neighbor kids desided to invite them selves over. They seen me shooting and they wanted to try. Well me I couldnt say no and thought hey start them out young. there about 10 or 11 and good kids dont make trouble like some of them do so when they left they each were a slingshot rich.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
That was pretty good of you to take the time out to share with them. People just don't do that kind of thing anymore. So good going there.
Hey Jump, I do. I practically make any male over the age of 6 shoot my slingshots. Then if they want, I either give them one or make one.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
If any of my neighbors came around I'ld more likely shoot them with a slingshot, than put one in their hands. I have how ever found that slamming a handful of marbles into the side of my metal shed tend to quiet the bunch of loud, rude and socially uneducated teenagers that like to hang out on the corner till all hours in this neighborhood.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
If you came to my house you'd have left with a camera. Your autofocus is toast.
Yeah, I think he needs to clean the focus dot thingy (I don't know the technical term sorry.) Or did you have it on Manual Focus?

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
If any of my neighbors came around I'ld more likely shoot them with a slingshot, than put one in their hands. I have how ever found that slamming a handful of marbles into the side of my metal shed tend to quiet the bunch of loud, rude and socially uneducated teenagers that like to hang out on the corner till all hours in this neighborhood.
Aside from some pesky legal issues, humans make for excellent sport hunting and eating.

j/k

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
DH that's good you share with those children. I hate to say this but I have two who have zero interest in it despite my best attempts to plant the seed. So I am just doing my own thing here.

As the wild majority of what you would term "social contact" for me takes place when I'm at work (on the boat) I have tried to be a "slingshot missionary" and interest those who seem willing and interested. I haven't been able to take one offshore with me in years but with my recent ascendency to the Master's position I may think about it. This would give the more sensible ones an oppurtunity to try it.

·
Banned
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There young and the neighbor hood is not the greatest so there chances may be not to great but we do get allot of good ones here to. When there young and good kids it helps to be positive.

·
Registered
733 Posts
That's cool, probably unlikely they would have had the chance to shoot, but for you. Many adults think it is funny (funny like haha, not funny strange) that I like slingshots. I think most forgot how much fun it is.

·
Banned
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There young and the neighbor hood is not the greatest so there chances may be not to great but we do get allot of good ones here to. When there young and good kids it helps to be positive.
There can be no doubt.

The previous transmission was in jest.
[/quote]

yea I know you were just kidden

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.