Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've settled on the frames I like, the tubes I like, the pouches I like, the ammo I like and the shooting style it like and works well for me. I'm happy with my accuracy and all is good in the world. Then I got to thinking that the Snipersling pit pouches that I like might work well for shooting marbles with the Hai (ammo pinch) shooting style. Worked so well that now I think that will be my primary way of shooting. They work well with 7/16 steel too. Both style pouches work well, but the bike chain style one works best. Now I have to find the right pouch for 3/8 steel.

The lesson... Never be afraid to try new sling things!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bike chain style? Show me some pics 馃お
I've never grabbed by the ammo... is it a smoother feel?
In my experience, you need a soft, well broken in pouch. Has to offer good coverage on the ammo, but with room to pinch the ammo as well. You want to hold the ammo with your fingertips and try to have as little contact with the pouch as you can. Need a good grip and smooth release. Because of the way you hold the ammo it's very easy for it to slip from your grip if you're not careful. If the pouch is too big or small it's easy to send a shot sideways. Sounds almost like it's not worth it, but it's really a great way to shoot once you get used to it. It's super simple and fast to load the pouch and shoot. You can hold a few rounds in the drawing hand and shoot in quick succession. The waist on these pouches lets you grip the marble without contacting the pouch. Chain style on left.

Wood Font Pattern Wood stain Fashion accessory
Drinkware Bottle Glass bottle Wood Glass

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot to mention that this style is super linear and the ball is released in a perfectly straight line to the target. There's no speed bump to overcome by a slightly tweaked pouch and zero twisting of the bands. When done right the shots go right down the middle as they say. Working up the nerve to try it with PFS, using a 90 degree turn, but no tweak at all.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Steve 馃榾
I have those pouches on the right but no bike chain style yet, they do look a lot better with the rounded hole For the bands. The other one's are sharp and I think they have been really cutting into my band life. They need to be rounded smooth inside before tying the bands in.
You'tr welcome, Reed. I use tubes so no problem with band life, but I do run an awl through the holes to open them up a bit to get the tubes through easier.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As I had no ides what "hai" style
is a google search led me to slingshooting info and nice vid,
I had just s few cheek scrapes learning full draw but now confident and getting more and more accurate.
How to SAFELY learn this?
A thumb protector?
Vid explaining?
Bands or tubes to learn?
Ammo marbles because bigger but relativley light? Other?
This looks a lot more painful than cheek
scrape mind you have never had frame fork hit and very few "flyaways" but a few.
A flyaway hitting your thumb does not seem ok.
ukj
I don't know why you would need a thumb protector. You need to learn full or partial butterfly. Use light bands or tubes to start and clay ammo is a smart move. Hai style can be done with any ammo (smaller ammo probably difficult though). The secret is to find the appropriate pouch for whatever ammo you are using. I like marbles because they are super cheap, readily available and a perfect match for the pouches I have. Plus for some stupid reason I just like shooting marbles! Kind of like using a long range ball peen hammer to smash stuff!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As I had no ides what "hai" style
is a google search led me to slingshooting info and nice vid,
I had just s few cheek scrapes learning full draw but now confident and getting more and more accurate.
How to SAFELY learn this?
A thumb protector?
Vid explaining?
Bands or tubes to learn?
Ammo marbles because bigger but relativley light? Other?
This looks a lot more painful than cheek
scrape mind you have never had frame fork hit and very few "flyaways" but a few.
A flyaway hitting your thumb does not seem ok.
ukj
OK I think I know where the confusion is. You watched the video of the Chinese girl shooting Hai style, but also frameless. Watch this video (In German with English subtitles). He's shooting short draw. I shoot long draw. Either will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.