Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Here is my homemade foot operated fram saw or known in the veneering workshop uring the Victorian era as a nodding donkey, she is made so that a cord is run down from the rising and falling frame containing the cutting blade which runs down to a foot pedal.

It has come in mighty hand for all sorts of tasks over the years, and has done a plethora of other cutting tasks especially where fine work is needed, and is much more controllable over its counterpart in modernity like a scroll saw.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/OJTmDpHgFDCe/

·
Neophyte
2,112 Posts
Was able to look up your link. Beautiful saw setup, did you make it?

Reactions: skarrd and Tag

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was able to look up your link. Beautiful saw setup, did you make it?
I made it about ten years ago for doing a series of highly detailed silversmith piercing work, it is a fantastic machine and very controlable to use, much more so than the motorized fretsaws, each rock of the foot can be finely controlled for depth and speed of cut, especially when you finally cut out the section being removed.

I also made a marquerty chevalette which is the French version, but these only give you one free hand to work with, where as the donkey gives you two free hands to position your work in a much more fluid and level and or horizontal plane.

See video below for the French style version which do work very well once you have mastered the foot pedal/vice motions.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just noticed the original photo has gone walk about, so here it is again,

Wood Flooring Floor Hardwood Rectangle

And if the link still works, here is it in action,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.