Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys...

My box finally arrived from Idaho. While there, I cut 8 forks from various trees. One I'm smitten with is a sagebrush fork that I am going to make a BB shooter out of. Going to try to get the boy next door interested.

Chances are slim, as it is, he sits in his room most of the day and plays video games. If I can figure out how to go from my phone to this forum, I'll send a picture or two as I progress.

PS.. Finally cut my bands back to fit my 28" draw. WOW I'm all over the place! Had to move closer to keep them in the box. It's a struggle...fun though. I'll keep at it.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I really haven't gotten anybody hooked on shooting. Many people love the frames I show them and I've given quite a few away, but I still shoot alone. That's OK... it's more fun being the oddball and not playing video games!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Okay guys...
My box finally arrived from Idaho. While there, I cut 8 forks from various trees. One I'm smitten with is a sagebrush fork that I am going to make a BB shooter out of. Going to try to get the boy next door interested.
Chances are slim, as it is, he sits in his room most of the day and plays video games. If I can figure out how to go from my phone to this forum, I'll send a picture or two as I progress.

PS.. Finally cut my bands back to fit my 28" draw. WOW I'm all over the place! Had to move closer to keep them in the box. It's a struggle...fun though. I'll keep at it.
May I suggest paintballs? Wally World sells a box of 500 for about 10 bucks. The cheap ones have thicker shells and are perfect for slingshots. While you are there, pick up a Daisy slingshot and some safety glasses. Modify the Daisy with a decent light weight band-set - you really do not need much to make a paintball explode. There are modification instructions here, at Pocket Predator, and Fowler's web pages. Make an oversize pouch. No need to worry about a catch box. Lean a plank or a piece of plywood against a tree. Now you have a cheap, safe, fun, and easy to shoot slingshot with immediate feedback.

Depending on his age and the video games he is addicted to, print a zombie, bug, alien, soldier, or mythological character target. There are images all over the internet. Tape the paper target to the plank or plywood.

If that does not interest the neighbor boy - then he deserves to sit indoors with his video games.

Take it outdoors!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay guys...

May I suggest paintballs? Wally World sells a box of 500 for about 10 bucks. The cheap ones have thicker shells and are perfect for slingshots. While you are there, pick up a Daisy slingshot and some safety glasses. Modify the Daisy with a decent light weight band-set - you really do not need much to make a paintball explode. There are modification instructions here, at Pocket Predator, and Fowler's web pages. Make an oversize pouch. No need to worry about a catch box. Lean a plank or a piece of plywood against a tree. Now you have a cheap, safe, fun, and easy to shoot slingshot with immediate feedback.

Depending on his age and the video games he is addicted to, print a zombie, bug, alien, soldier, or mythological character target. There are images all over the internet. Tape the paper target to the plank or plywood.

If that does not interest the neighbor boy - then he deserves to sit indoors with his video games.

Take it outdoors!

Man, you said it all. Lots of good ideas there. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well guys... after starting on one of these forks, I might have been a little hasty in my opinion of what would make a good shooter. My hats off to all you guys that turn out these beautiful forks! I'll keep going, but I gotta tell ya, this aint going to win sotm! Still have to figure out my camera but I will get something posted even if I have to borrow one of the kids next door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts