Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of sling are beeing used right now! I am using the only I one have (and the first i built) and it shoots prety straight! Am still waiting for some (real) ammo to be able to test it better! I show you mine so now you show me yours

Attachments

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
DSCN0628.JPG Here is the slingshot I am using quite a bit lately.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
primarily these two I've made

and my Victor 20 when my shoulder lets me.

·
Super Moderator
6,514 Posts
This is the one I'm currently practicing with. It's a 3/8" Aluminum Rod buried between 2 pieces of Curly Maple and then carved out to fit my hand. This is a "through the throat" band configuration,which I like better then an "Over the top" setup-always did. I didn't shoot this one at the tournament because I needed the stability of a Wrist Brace because of a compressed nerve. The nerve is feeling a little better and the shooting has improved too. I finished 5th at the shoot and was surprised that I was that high up. I couldv'e come in last but I was still gonna shoot no matter what. I just love shooting these things!
Flatband

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
This is the one im using at the moment, the one off Martin, just a nice size but can take the strongest of band, and i will be putting it in the slingshot of the month, cos i love it, cheer jeff

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
this is the one i have been shooting the most lately.
Five of us shoot at work (on breaks of course)and I shoot this one.
We shoot marbles and this one is a great marble shooter with the wide and deep fork span.
Tom

·
Resigned
946 Posts
Its a toss up between these three, my current favorite is the one with the palm swell, but if I'm going for a walkabout I always pick up my PS1.
Martin

·
Registered
350 Posts
I was shooting with this model the last weekend, simple, small ... in fact, i have it whith me right now in my briefcase

"parota" wood, a bit soft ... very light

Attachments

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
I'm using an old beater of a catty. I don't have a pic but it's one of my original prototypes of the PS-2 in Poplar. It's kind of sad looking. It's appearance is not up to standards, but it shoots great!!! My wife laughs and says it's like plumbers and mechanics who's personal stuff is never in good shape because they are too busy fixing everyone else's.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Of all the slingshots that I have, I like and shoot this one the most of all. I have been shooteing 1/2 steel with Express bands lately. -- Tex

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Is that your design, Bill? May I try out the attachment method?

Jeff, Martin's frame looks delicious. What bands do you have on it?

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have two that I've been using most often recently. On the left is a Trumark S9 with a Bunny Buster wood handle covered with a Tex-Shooter foam grip, with Trumark RR1 bands shortened about an inch and modified with the loop-in pouch attachment. On the right is my "Fat Acacia" natural made from a branch in my front yard, with 5/8" wide non-tapered .050" latex and a double-cupped Trumark pouch.

Those who've seen the Fat Acacia before at the Trumark forum will note it's a bit shorter in the handle now. I just recently cut about an inch off the end, improving both the look and feel quite a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
The bands are Rucanor heavy resistance bands, these are the only ones I can buy locally.
Martin
Thats the stuff i am using too, it seems pretty good, but can you tell me how it compares to theraband gold? I´ve never tried therabands, so im just wondering if they are worth the exstra money, the rucanor is quite a bit cheaper were i live

/Matt

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is what I'm shooting at the moment. It's a prototype, made from 8mm Makralon Perspex. I cut it out by hand and put 6mm square rubber on it to test whether or not it shot well and the resilience of the Makralon. I'm shooting 9mm steel out of it and it's plenty quick. I've got a few different designs that will be rigged with flatbands and tubes, when I get round to it!!! As soon as I'm happy with them all I'll knock up some jigs and get cutting.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Nice work. I've made a few out of Perspex. Watch out though, Perspex will shatter without warning almost like glass. Polycarbonate like Lexan isn't as hard but it bends and creeps rather than shattering. One solution is to laminate Perspex with tape. I know it'll look awful, but if you've got Perspex to hand and only want to make a testbed then it's safer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts