Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far ive yet to run into this problem but what's the one frame you wish you still had?

Reactions: Tag and Ibojoe

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont blame you that's absolutely beautiful man!

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
You know... I was thinking of starting a thread for the very same reason.

For me its the 'Dark Destroyer' - it was the first frame I bought when I rekindled my interest in slingshots. Traded to Raventree for a Torque (which is awesome - still shoot that one).

There was a lot wrong with the Dark Destroyer - came with heavy Daisy tubes - also was slightly uncomfortable - but all could easily have been sorted out. Unfortunately the original supplier no longer sells them and the other available option is crazy expensive (and doesn't ship to my location).

Tableware Stemware Drinkware Barware Gesture

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,126 Posts
You know... I was thinking of starting a thread for the very same reason.

For me its the 'Dark Destroyer' - it was the first frame I bought when I rekindled my interest in slingshots. Traded to Raventree for a Torque (which is awesome - still shoot that one).

There was a lot wrong with the Dark Destroyer - came with heavy Daisy tubes - also was slightly uncomfortable - but all could easily have been sorted out. Unfortunately the original supplier no longer sells them and the other available option is crazy expensive (and doesn't ship to my location).

attachicon.gif
post-5693-0-27265700-1347664442.jpg
That was a nice frame, I think I could do it more justice now...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
My first slingshot, a Trumark FS-1, c. 1973.

Back then, you ordered it by mail. I think it was just under $3.00 and came with a single white marble rattling around in the hollow handle. I had no idea how to shoot it properly and basically used it to launch stones during my outdoor jaunts. Last I remember, it was in a barn that some friends owned, along with my Puma Hunter's pal, a Buck 110, and my shotgun. I was headed off to graduate school and did not think that I should take weapons with me. I always meant to retrieve them but never got around to it.

The hunter's pal cost me $35.00 back in the day and is worth a couple of hundred now. Hopefully someone came across the weapons and put them to good use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts