Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this might not be the thread to win the prize for best content 😄 but I had to show you this oversized birch fork that I cut in December, 2015. I just made som axe and saw work and it’s looking very promising.

Now, I have made several slingshots by now but I rarely shoot them. This might be a great opportunity to make a great allround go to shooter, or what do you think? It’s just a thought. It’s not that I’m missing proper slingshots in my life. 😄 What shape would you suggest?

Glove Human body Gesture Finger Road surface

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice chunk of wood. How about making a Mule. That's a good frame.
I agree, the Mule looks solid. I have given it some thought and I might go with a design of my own. I call it ”Gladan” [Glaw-dunn], which means ”the kite” (as in the bird) in Swedish. 😊
Hand Watch Human body Wood Gesture

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yesterday I managed to cut it out with a jig saw and that took a lot of elbow grease. I tried to whittle it out at first but the grain went in too many directions for me to get safe and clean knife cuts. The saw cuts, on the other hand, weren’t 100% vertical but it was close enough. And the scent of that seven year old birch is stunning. This is definitely the most advanced and ”professional” slingshot that I’ve made so far. Next time you see it, it will be shaped, sanded and oiled up. :p

Human body Wood Gesture Human leg Foot

1 - 20 of 20 Posts