Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, like mxred, I've been working on and testing several ammo dispensing methods and one of my favorites is the magnetic dispenser type... something like the one pictured below.

This design is one of three all similar prototypes I made up about a month ago.... The others are not quite as rough and all are superior shooters. I've done extensive testing with these... and I believe this will be a very desirable item once production begins.

The Palladin, holds 15 rounds of 1/2" steel ammo, or 38 rounds of 3/8" steel ammo. The shape of the handle provides both ergonomics and an efficient feed system.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Bill that's awesome, love your designs. I especially appreciate the originality of your Predators. You work so well with the G10. Personally I hate working with anything fiberglass related, I had enough of glass making bows. I switched to self bows about 5 years ago, no more fiberglass dust. Although it is a superior material, can't beat the strength, and your finish work really comes out nice.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Very nice Bill!! I messed about with a similar shape (no ammo holder) earlier this year, but didn't put it into production. Good show!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
That's really nice Bill great design mate. I think you have cracked it with ammo dispensing system and a great head shot too.

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Thank you for the nice comments guys.
This is not a design I really want copied, which is why I've waited on showing it, until I got the right tools and materials to make some more of these "on demand"... I have a couple of better models out being tested right now with some legends of the sport. Once I get feedback, I'll make and sell some of these, but not until then.
My own extensive preliminary tests have been very positive though... this design is very comfortable to carry, easy to aim and hold steady with heavy bands which allows for superior accuracy.
The ammo magazine feeds the balls smoothly and reliably with minimal noise and is extremely hard to shake the balls out.

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Man what a ides! -- Tex

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you just gluing the leather to the G10? Would a lamination of G10 be more suitable, or would it just turn it into a rattletrap?
There's no leather on the frame... this unit, which looks a little like but not exactly like the production pieces... is made from G10, steel, and a little bit of rubber padding on the inside to deaden the sound of the ammo inside while you're sneaking around the woods.

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very interesting and I like the looks of that grackle. I grew up on a farm and they cost us a lot of money. They probably were my favorite slingshot target back in the day.
That's how I wish I could make every grackel look that decides to invade our farm. I've finally gotten good enough with a slingshot that I can reliably kill these vermin, which is a good thing as we now have neighbours close to our back pasteur... so the use of my even my silenced .22s is getting more difficult.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I likey, you really do come up with some cool ideas

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Whoever's picked to be the resident Spelling Nazi around here will surely have their work cut out for them.

There's only one "L" in Paladin ... unless of course you're inventing your own word in this instance.

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whoever's picked to be the resident Spelling Nazi around here will surely have their work cut out for them.

There's only one "L" in Paladin ... unless of course you're inventing your own word in this instance.
Well it's a good thing you've nominated yourself!

Just kidding!
My right and left brain don't play well together... so when I'm doing something creative, I can't spell... and when I'm doing something logic based I create nothing worth while.

Actually now that I've thought about it... I think I'm going to keep the spelling as it is. Phonetically it's easier for our European brethren to vocalize by sounding it out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.