Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
This one is designed with the input of troops serving in the middle east.
A little longer handle so hammer gripping is possible. No pinky hole, as they're difficult to use with gloves on. High finger/thumb support cutouts. Can use any sort of propulsion elastics.
When used in the TTF mode it's dead accurate due to the perfect alignment of the bands, and in OTT mode it's pretty accurate as well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thats way nice bill. I love seeing all your slingshots that you make

Reactions: hoggy and Tag

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It should work fine with a good quality plywood. 3/4" 12 layer or more Birch is a good choice.
Of course it can be cut from nylon, hdpe and other suitable materials as well. The one in the video is made from carbon reinforced ballistic grade G10 and will be off on Tuesday to a soldier who's going to Afghanistan for his second tour... he watched some of my videos and asked to buy a slingshot to shoot rats and stuff.... so I'm just going to send him that one to test out and see how he likes it.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Bill, thanks for sharing this fantastic design, you're a real champ !

I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of making a PDF of the design for easier printing / scaling by members.
Very generous of you Man! I hope everyone appreciates all the extra you do as much as I do.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Thanks Bill, you have awesome designs and thanks Hrawk for all the great pdf's!

Reactions: hoggy and Tag

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
O.K. Please excuse me in advance for being pedantic here, but I am just trying to help communication along. I always thought that the phrases "Over The Top", "Outside the Forks", and "Through The Forks" referred to band placement, NOT the path of the projectile. So with this understanding, Bill's arrangement is an OTF slingshout ... the bands wrap around Outside The Forks.

With respect to projectile path, a high speed camera would show that even an OTT arrangement will, with most shooters, fire the projectile through the forks.

A true Through The Forks arrangement is seldom seen because the bands passing through the forks tend to foul the shot unless the forks are very wide.

Another arrangement often seen is with the bands on the same side of the forks as the direction of pull ... This is the arrangement of old Wham-Os, and the arrangement used by Rufus Hussy. It is also the style used by Hawk with his tubes. I would call this BSS, or bands same side.

Again, I appologize for my pedantry ... and of course everyone should feel free to ignore my suggested useage.

Cheers ..... Charles

·
Jesus Saves!
1,116 Posts
I made one bill yesterday and after three shots it broke! I think the poplar I was using had a knot in the fork!Thank GOD that flying fork did not hit me in the face that would hurt!But me and my dad both made one so he gave me his!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Here is a pic of one I made this morning. It is made from birch and I must say, Bill you are the man. Thank you for sharing the design me and my boy love it. This is my second board cut I,ve made because I gave my son my first one. Thanks again Bill for sharing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Made a couple of these.

Certainly not the surest hand on these cuts for some reason, but I tried to salvage them. The linseed one seems more even and balance. The other one I spent a lot more time shaping, trying to keep it usable. I didn't do the second hole cause I wasn't confident in the location, and I'm not sure I'd ever mount bands that way.

But, here they are.... sort of xD
Plant Guitar accessory Material property Sunglasses Font

-Bob

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts