Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
(I promise its a MUCH shorter read than it looks like)

SO SORRY DGUI !!!!!
I've been busy for
oh dear like a month
well things are hectic and now i got a few days
so top o' the list is writing this

First off this thing is tiny yet comfortable to hold (don't get much of that)
nicely done!!
man when you see it, its one thing.
but your mind will change once you've experienced the Pickle Fork

a while back i asked if someone would be kind enough to give me like a PDF of a slingshot design
next thing i know this guy is sending me a slingshot in the mail!!

my first thought when i saw it was
"Oh cool, that looks like a fun little shooter"
I'm used to shooting sideways and the transition to vertical was a bit odd for me because my arms don't line up right
i did a few practice dry fires to see if the bands hit my hand then i was ready to go

he included a note saying "the pickle fork shooter likes 3/8 steel ball" lucky me he sent ammo too
the first few shots were a bit nerve racking because of the fear of hitting my hand (like when you shoot butterfly for the first time)
when i heard the mighty pop it made when it hit my backstop i was in awe
this amazing little shooter pulls super lightly yet has a great kick!
as the kids would say "These bands are the Devil" (its a good thing)
it hits harder than some of my much harder pulling bands
i was thoroughly impressed
about a day of shooting later i was used to the shooting style and was just as accurate with this as with my other slingshots

makes a great EDC slingshot
its a blast to shoot
not ergonomic yet still comfortable because of the light draw
small but not too small
light draw but hits hard! (someone should crony this)
unlike any other shooter I've come across (very unique)
Great Slingshot !!

i totally recommend this!!!
rating
9.99767/10
the only downside is someday the bands will break =(

Dude Seriously
You should sell these
people would love them!!

heres some up close pics
im sure y'all can find many more pics if you just look up "pickle fork"

woooooooooooooooooo!!!! thanks man!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
great review... i agree with everything you said..
these Pickle Forks are really cool and definitely a blast to shoot... Darrell was kind enough to hook me up with a few...
i have been shooting it almost everyday.. i love it..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great review... i agree with everything you said..
these Pickle Forks are really cool and definitely a blast to shoot... Darrell was kind enough to hook me up with a few...
i have been shooting it almost everyday.. i love it..
good to hear i was worried y'all would think it a bit poorly written
but i was trying to be real
rather than to gussy things up

·
Registered
606 Posts
This was a nice read and a great review. I love the name Pickle Folk. I'm from the UK so it looks like a big chip ( French Fries ) fork to me, that you get from the fish and chip shop.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Itamar, Thanks for the brilliant steller discriptive review. This information is helping me to narrow down to three basic shooters that deliver.

Much apprciated and please to know the OPFS has not disappointed you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It is 6.30 Am on a bright Australian summers morning. Wiping the sleep from my eye's I stagger out into the back yard determined to master the art of a Pickle Fork user. I had been having lousy luck with one PF which I made out of Pine Wood. For days it had been shooting over to the right. I moved it's position here and there, shut the right eye, then the left then bother eyes. No luck. "It is easy they all said, just point and let go, you'll get the hang of it soon". Oh the wisdom of those who are wise to the use of the PF. I had made the PF as I said, tied it down properly (As per instruction of the mighty and wise). Mind you I was still using the cut lengthways some black tubing as I mentioned in an earlier post. Darn tough stuff that black tubing. "Right" I thought "This is the day when every shot will go where I want it". Stupid thought as all of my shots were dead heading my wife's flowers way over to the right of the target. "Ok, last resort; change the PF to one I made yesterday.

Breakfast was stone cold by then but I wolfed it down to give me strength and the ability to get it right this time. If it did not I was going back to poetry writing. With the old trusty cut in half black tuber tubing and a new PF I took careful aim (Making sure that I was standing like some ballerina ready to do what ever they do). Shut both eyes and let go. Thunk, (Sound of fishing sinker hitting cardboard target. Stone the flamin' crows there was a neat little hole just where I hoped it would be. Another, same place, then another till there was a bloonin' great hole in the cardboard. "Well", I thought. "At bloomin' last I think I've got the idea at using a PF, and about bloomin' time as well".

Do you know? I do believe there is a loving and helpful God in heaven (If you keep nagging Him enough).

Robert

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.