Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I deal with her Mother everyday with her being lonely. We do as much as we can to help her, but there comes a time when the lonely person has to help us help them. Here is a good example of what I’m referring to. This lady my Mother in Law worked with husband passed away this year. After a couple months had passed this lady calls my Mother in Law and asked if she would like to meet for lunch sometime???? That evening I could tell by the excitement in my wife’s voice while talking to her Mother things were good. My wife tells me her Mother is going to meet this lady for lunch.???????? That following week my Mother In Law tells us what a great time she had at lunch. A couple weeks go by and we get to my Mother In Laws and she tells us the lady didn’t call this week. I asked her why she didn’t call her friend, to see if she was ok. Oh! she wouldn’t dare bother her, if she wanted to go out she would have called????‍♂???? I try to explain that friendship is a two way street, maybe this lady feels you don’t want to be bothered, and she’s being a pest???? Another thing the Mother In Law does is complain no one calls her but us????‍♂ I said the phone works two ways you know???? trying to help someone who seems to already have their mind made up is like opening a door to escape only to find a brick wall.???????? we will continue to be there For the Mother In Law, hopefully it makes her happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.