Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a couple of hours to myself on Christmas Eve, what to do?... I know! I'll make a new slingshot.

This is my new ring shooter. I really wanted a Dankung (still do, but they still cost money) so I made this to see what they are like. The eyelets are from Menard's and were 99cents for 3. They are screwed/epoxyed in. The rubber bits on the rings are to help locate the bands for more consistent shooting. The bands are #33s chained 555. Yes, it's wrapped in electrical tape, it's all I had handy.
I gotta tell you, this may be my new favorite! I had some trouble getting it to shoot straight until I put the guides on but now it's almost as accurate as my FS1. I like the compact, heavy feel that a little bit of steel adds to a small boardcut. I can wrap my index finger and thumb around the rings and the hole in the bottom is for my pinky. The only other thing I plan to do for now is maybe put a small o-ring around the first link of the band to keep the strands together. I would have done it already but I can't find the o-ring kit that I just bought

·
Resigned
729 Posts
I like it!

Very creative and a true urban improvised weapon.. If you add two more rubberbands per link with these kinds of rubberbands you will have a lot more force and shoot heavy ammo very well. I like the guides you placed for the bands this is a very good idea!

How does it shoot so far? Or rather what kind of ammo are you shooting with it??

Again a cool homemade 5 stars for creativity

·
Premium Member
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You go 7-7-7 on #33s? Wow! I'll try 6-6-6 soon and work my way up. I just put the triple 5s on today, I had been running 554. I like the additional power and really don't notice the increase pull weight.
I'm stuck shooting in the garage for now so I'm shooting 3/8 steel.
Glad you like it!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Nothing wrong with that slingshot at all. You see all these fancy slingshots then think wow if only....but yours does the same thing shoots ammo. I would love to have this in my slingshot collection and if you ever get a fork hit it adds character
plus you can just add some more black tape. You will not be crying because your super custom £1,000 egro gold plated slingshot got a chip.

Hats off to you for making a great little slingshot that has a little bit of everything, you should feel proud on this.

Great design and it looks like you have been reading the threads on this forum. Well done mate and keep up the good work.

Remember have fun.

Merry Christmas

Louis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.