Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided after smacking the fork tip of my first slingshot pretty good, I'd make a 'beater' while I get the technique down to shoot a pickle fork. That and after watching Dgui's videos on YouTube I just had to try his design. I used the dimensions given to make a replica only mines a little thicker than his design. I didn't have any baltic birch lying around so I used 1/2" CDX. I had a void which I filled with epoxy. I figured if I was going to beat one up good, might as well be one I didn't work too hard on.

Of course, I haven't hit the forks not once since I built it and yesterday afternoon even after I probably put a 100 rounds through it. Go figure...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Looks good, slinger.

Have you considered making an aluminium practice pfs?

I trace my pattern, use a drill press, and then a coping saw and file to clean it up.

Drill 2 5mm holes for tabs or looped tubes...no or partial band grooves these days.

And you can have a hard copy document of your fork hits/progress. Just sand down the sharp edges.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good, slinger.

Have you considered making an aluminium practice pfs?

I trace my pattern, use a drill press, and then a coping saw and file to clean it up.

Drill 2 5mm holes for tabs or looped tubes...no or partial band grooves these days.

And you can have a hard copy document of your fork hits/progress. Just sand down the sharp edges.
Very cool. Yeah I'd love to have one. I've got a nice scroll saw, drill press, and drum sander. I was really thinking about getting the hang of that anyway since I see a lot of these beautiful custom slingshots on here with Aluminum cores. I've already ordered a bunch of materials to get started in making some nicer custom slingshots... just gotta convince the wife that it's necessary I need more stuff. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts