Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have further worked on the "W" design with the ball bearing equipped rotating handle.

In order to make it more compact, I bought a 12 cm inner dia steel ring, cut off the top part and welded two rings to the ends. Then I added the rotating handle as normal.

This is very nice! Shoots great, looks great, and is very small, much less bulky than the the previous "W" models.

Will do a video tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Yes Sir! Jorg that is a much better design. That is one that people would want to buy. I would make one if I had the space and tools.

I will at some point have to obtain a swivel type catty. For now I will get good with fixed handle slingshots.

Really Jorg, that is an awesome catty! What a great improvement.

·
Super Moderator
6,514 Posts
Very simple,elegant and clean! A beauty Bud! BTW, Joerg are you still using the non-tied pouch attachment? (with band running through?) Flatband

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW, Joerg are you still using the non-tied pouch attachment? (with band running through?) Flatband
Not in this one. I actually did cut the bands in one piece, like Fish does with his hunterbands for Dankungs, so they would be "non-tied" at the fork side. But the bands kept twisting in the steel ring and I had to sort them out quite often, so I fixed them with a bit of string.

I have used the non-tied pouch often now, and it works really well. You just have to make sure that

a) you use tapered bands
the slots in the pouch are a little narrow, so the bands are just a bit "squeezed" in. My bands are 2cm wide at the pouch, and the slot is 18 mm long.

Then there is little entanglement, plus all you have to do is pull it out and it fixes itself.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
In anyone else's hands, that'd be over engineered. You'll probably rip the forks off, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts