Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Youtube now supports 3D!

If you type in "yt3d:enable=true" into the youtube search, then you will see lots of videos that are made in 3D.

You need to use 3D glasses, many types are supported. So if you have some 3D cardboard glasses lying around, great! Go ahead and find them, all kinds are supported.

Soon, the first 3D slingshot video will come out. You can also watch it in 2D if you don't have glasses or if you prefer 2D.

The Slingshot Channel will use a home made high definition 3D camera for the purpose.

Will be interesting!

·
Registered
855 Posts
I know I have a pair of 3d glasses around here somewhere. I'll have to dig them up. This should be cool.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Hello,

I finished my 3D High Def Cam today. It looks just like a slingshot!

Here are some pics:

In the second pic, one camera is set to photo mode (8 MPix) and the other one to video (1440x1080p).

In real life, you'd either shoot video OR stills of course, this is just to show what is possible.

Very lightweight, just under a pound (400 gramms).

Of course, this cam is for great lighting conditions only. But that is OK, it is just for tests.

Regards

Jörg

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello,

I finished my 3D High Def Cam today. It looks just like a slingshot!

Here are some pics:

In the second pic, one camera is set to photo mode (8 MPix) and the other one to video (1440x1080p).

In real life, you'd either shoot video OR stills of course, this is just to show what is possible.

Very lightweight, just under a pound (400 gramms).

Of course, this cam is for great lighting conditions only. But that is OK, it is just for tests.

Regards

Jörg
interesing
how do you change the interocular distance and the toe-in angle?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The cameras can be turned slightly in order to "focus" on a close object. Just like you move your eyeballs when you look at something really close.

The company I work for makes - amongst other things - standalone video editing systems (called "Casablanca", website ). I started to make slingshot videos in order to have a real project for testing new products before they are introduced.

We will introduce 3D editing capabilities for the Casablanca editing systems later this year, and I am already testing early versions of that software. It is working, but enhancements are needed.

Don't get me wrong, I am not an engineer or a pro beta tester. I just have to be comfortable with a product myself before I offer it to valued customers.

3D will be very big soon, new LCD HDTVs already have 3D technology built in, and 3D BluRay is coming. There is even talk about 3D channels on satellite and cable TV.

Jörg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts