Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after my experience with the luck ring, i kinda became fascinated by the small steel shooters. so as quickly as i could i got a snail.
Body jewelry Jewellery Nickel Electric blue Fashion accessory
Body jewelry Jewellery Nickel Electric blue Fashion accessory

the photos leave alot to the imagination, over the last couple weeks as i waited for the snail i kept fitting the snail in my mind, well it got here today, i am still using the factory bands from Dankung, and experimenting. the snail is deceptively ergonomic, it looks like it could be held with a finger inserted in the hole? wrong buckwheat! that is very painful to draw the ergos are actually so the ring of the frame position towards the first join of the fingers and the knuckles, it just fits? but it is still a tad bit thin it does not cut like the luck ring, but it does become uncomfortable fairly quickly!

with the factory bands, and shooting everything from 3/8" to .50 cal lead it shot well, very well! I made the frame alot easier to handle by holding and squeezing to find my pressure points, it is now wrapped in the same cord i took off another Dankung. with the wrap it has a very positive grip and can say it can be used with any type of shooting. its well worth the money.
Magenta Electric blue Font Jewellery Wire
Hat Eyewear Wood Bag Sportswear
Textile Eyewear Audio equipment Jewellery Bag
Thumb Magenta Human leg Wood Foot
Finger Wrist Scaled reptile Reptile Snake

Attachments

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Interesting slingshot, I know I'm a bid dense this morning but I'm still not getting how it sets in the hand. Nice wrapping job adds a lot to the looks.

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interesting slingshot, I know I'm a bid dense this morning but I'm still not getting how it sets in the hand. Nice wrapping job adds a lot to the looks.
for the forks to be at right angles to the body the frame points at 45* away from the forks, the ring sits in your hand, and provides for stability.
Hand Finger Gesture Nail Thumb
Hand Finger Thumb Nail Scaled reptile

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
I received my snail last week and it did not come in a tin. I haven't wrapped mine and I find it pretty comfy as is. I am holding it backwards from the way you are. The "tail or shell" area is touching my palm, not fingers. It's actually resting on the meat of my thumb mostly. I have had 3 fork hits, but I think they are related to my technique or lack thereof. My only complaint with this shooter is that the forks don't have slits cut in for band changes. You have to cut them yourself or tie a new band on every time you want to switch. This isn't that big of a deal, but it is annoying if you're not good at tying your own bands.

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I received my snail last week and it did not come in a tin. I haven't wrapped mine and I find it pretty comfy as is. I am holding it backwards from the way you are. The "tail or shell" area is touching my palm, not fingers. It's actually resting on the meat of my thumb mostly. I have had 3 fork hits, but I think they are related to my technique or lack thereof. My only complaint with this shooter is that the forks don't have slits cut in for band changes. You have to cut them yourself or tie a new band on every time you want to switch. This isn't that big of a deal, but it is annoying if you're not good at tying your own bands.
thats one of the coolest features of the snail, no openings! and since you are getting fork hits it kinda reinforces the hold method, when i held mine like you are its not square, hence the fork hits!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts