Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Scores:

Covert5 15

Gaboxolo 18 (still needs to post video to thread though)

BeanFlip 23

Okay Guys and Gals, this is IT!

Put all your video submissions and commentary about the contest in this thread.

Tournament series round 1 runs April 17, 2020 - May 15, 2020

Rules for Month ONE.

10 meters and stand behind a barrier that is visible to the camera

11 shots

Ammo size, .5" or 12.7mm, steel, lead, glass, material is made from doesn't matter... so long as it's 1/2" or smaller.

3 inch or 76mm center circle, worth 1 point, every hit to it counts, intentional or unintentional doesn't matter... because luck is a factor

Ten .75" or 20mm smaller circles surrounding the bigger circle.

If you self draw your target, try to keep the same format as the printed target

All slingshot type devices are allowed... only things not allowed are magnified optics, and you must be physically holding up your device when you shoot. Sitting or standing, does not matter.

Try to watch the video and try to follow the guidelines laid out in the video.

Unlimited video submissions to youtube, but put only one per day max on this thread... remember, I have to watch all these videos so keep them short enough so that I can have a life too!

Have FUN!

Link to the target PDF: https://pocketpredator.com/1stTarget.pdf

1stTarget.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning From the Uk ????????
Just joined this forum after seeing Bills YouTube video
Been a long time since I've been on an old school forum a real breath of fresh air I don't expect the prizes will be available over here but it's a great contest anyway thanks Bill !!!! Will print these out and send some videos next couple of days stay safe out there ????✌

·
Registered
353 Posts
Bill , just a small heads-up.

It should be very important to bare in mind that in case of a draw between two or more contestants, number of hits on the 3-point target should have priority.

In other words, it is not only important the score itself but also how many times you hit the smallest target, because those who do so, took more risk compared to those who only shot at the 3" one , so those people deserve to be on top in case a draw happened.

I think my point makes sense and it is the fairest.

Example: Shooter A 10 hits on 3" : 10 points

Shooter B 1 hit on 3"

3 hits on 3/4" : 10 points

Shooter B deserves to be ahead of shooter A regardless they both have the same score.

Furthermore, it is not required to do tie-breaking rounds after by doing this.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts

It should be very important to bare in mind that in case of a draw between two or more contestants, number of hits on the 3-point target should have priority.

In other words, it is not only important the score itself but also how many times you hit the smallest target, because those who do so, took more risk compared to those who only shot at the 3" one , so those people deserve to be on top in case a draw happened.

Shooter B 1 hit on 3"

Shooter B deserves to be ahead of shooter A regardless they both have the same score.

Perhaps, all things being equal.

Bill is a pretty bright guy and I am sure he thought of some of the details.

Consider if shooter B's 6 other shots are in a wider pattern from the target center tan a 3 inch circle. Then shooter A is a more consistently accurate shooter. This is only for fun and some of it is a risk reward type of game and a shooter decides how to take a risk dependent upon the stated rules.

·
Registered
353 Posts

Shooter B 1 hit on 3"

Consider if shooter B's 6 other shots are in a wider pattern from the target center tan a 3 inch circle. Then shooter A is a more consistently accurate shooter. This is only for fun and some of it is a risk reward type of game and a shooter decides how to take a risk dependent upon the stated rules.
From my point of view, a miss is a miss, by a 1/16" or by a feet. (Accuracy vs precision)

Said this, kudos to Bill for holding this contest, because it is quite challenging.

Reactions: Tag and hoggy

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Shooter B 1 hit on 3"

From my point of view, a miss is a miss, by a 1/16" or by a feet. (Accuracy vs precision)

Said this, kudos to Bill for holding this contest, because it is quite challenging.
There's other options as well.... like I could simply give two first prizes if a tie occurs... which will be the case if both tie with 29 - 31 points.

Otherwise, if the there is a tie and it looks close... I actually do prefer some sort of tie-breaker... but if the two contestants don't want to do it, then random draw or coin toss or something like that will be the way

Is there a size limit on ammo?
Yes, I'll update the 1st post... .5" or 12.7mm, steel, lead, glass doesn't matter... so long as it's 1/2" or smaller.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Morning From the Uk
Just joined this forum after seeing Bills YouTube video
Been a long time since I've been on an old school forum a real breath of fresh air I don't expect the prizes will be available over here but it's a great contest anyway thanks Bill !!!! Will print these out and send some videos next couple of days stay safe out there ✌
No, we WILL send prizes anywhere there is a winner... overseas doesn't matter to us. We send packages to many countries pretty much every day. So it's really not a bother for us.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for setting this up Bill! This is going to be a lot of fun all around! I also introduced a buddy of mine to slingshots, this channel and this thread. He's going to be joining us in this tournament! Good luck everyone! Happy sling'n and......

SLING-ON!
This kind of thing really is a very good way to learn... Like I said before, you'll have many experts helping you out.

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
Thanks to everyone so much for supporting this tournament Not complaining, but I may not be able to participate, due to family issues. My favorite Mother In Law lives 30 miles away, so when she has an oh oh moment, we travel. Since spending a substantial amount of time with her, my plans have been altered. I will definitely try to participate if I get the chance. The only reason I’m telling you this is to let you know why I’m not on the Forum as much as I would like. Over the years this Forum and its members have made life awesome. I hope there are a lot of entries, so I can watch the videos.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.