Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Stratagem - (străt'ə-jəm/-jem) A clever or tricky device, used to gain an advantage over adversary.​
About a year ago, a forum member sent me an email, asking if I could incorporate provisions into the EPS for tubes. I didn't want anything pertruding from the tops of the forks. I wanted a board-cut design that would accommodate two popular styles of slingshot bands.​
This is the Strategem Pocket Slingshot (SPS) Prototype 1.​
The core is 1/8" stainless steel, sandwiched by 1/16" black G10, and the 1/4" outer layer is the preference of the customer with available materials. The SPS measures 3.5" x 5". The fork gap is 2", and the concave, fork tips are 3/4" wide. The frame thickness is 3/4".The pictured prototype weighs 5.8oz without bands or lanyard.​
Slits are provided in the bottom corners of the fork tips, to allow the use of many popular sized slingshot tubing. The hole in each fork is 5/16" in diameter, which means that RRT tubes can be used as well.​
While the SPS is mainly designed for tubes, it will also accomodate flat style bands as well, though one needs to pay particular attention to detail when mounting these style bands. I wanted to keep the design as low-profile as possible, while keeping the holes as high as possible in the forks. This meant the flatband ties would be crossing over the upper portion of the holes in the fork, so a wider than normal band tie, must be used. And, a band that is no less than 3/4" wide, must be used to ensure safe securement of the bands to the forks.​
Initial testing of the SPS is positive so far. I myself, do not have alot of experience shooting tubes. So a proper length tube and ammo size had to be found, to start hitting the target consistently. I still need to do more testing with the SPS before I make it available to the slingshot community. Once I'm sure the design is good to go, I will make it available in my forum. I'm not certain on price yet, but it will be close in price to the EPS.​
Thanks for looking, and stay tuned.​

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Somehow, some info I typed in, was left out in the intial posting. I edited the post, and included the info below the bottom image.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's hawt...

*flips my Paris Hilton hair*

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
I like it -- another thoughtfully designed and built-like-a-truck slingshot from Performance Catapults...
Slingshots for the man who only needs one

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
A great combination of shooting styles. I do like it. The design is on the top and I think the functionality too. You made a great choice of weapon, that's my opinion. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Bob.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
I like it Jim.
The added finger/thumb support shoulders are a nice addition as well. I know from experience a LOT of people prefer that... heck I've made probably 30 "little boy" slingshots in the last couple of months for customers and every one of them has that shoulder indent now.... hammer grip for the tikes and when Dad steals it he can use it as a bb shooter with a finger/thumb support grip.

·
Banned
1,230 Posts
A masterpiece! Just awesome!

I like the shape, craftmanship, concept and materials! I'll be following that closely! My search for my ultimate slingshot might come to an end soon!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts