Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey mates, here is a new design I'm working on, I call it the "swamp fly". I got inspiration for the name after watching Shrek haha. I wanted something that was fairly open ended as far as grip options go and this seems to give you at least 4 solid option. A wide or narrow pinch and a wide or narrow thumb support grip. I found myself slightly surprised that I prefer the wide thumb support grip. The locker really snugs up your thumb. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool! I like the design a lot. What kind of filament do you use?
Hey mate,

I use what I can to be honest, I had some luck with ABS, mostly use PLA+ and what ever else I can get my hands on lol, I am looking into getting some wood infused filament here soon and try to do something with it using resin and stain and tried a few other filaments as well. I am surprised by the strength they seem to have, some of the forks can take 100lbs+ plus with out damage. They seem to be able to take fork hits okay(never had an issue with clay (soft and hard, I tested haha) and can take a beating from 6mm steel ammo. I don't imagine they could handle a fork hit with ammo larger than 3/8" before damage occurs, But I am really enjoying it so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.