Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a hard pull I would put it on par with 1745* six strand but seems faster thats using 9.5mm steel taking it out again tomorrow only had a few shots with it but seems ok.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I tried the 8 strands 2040 on my Dankungs, worked OK, but I didn' like the way it stacked up (got hard to pull) when i reached the max draw, it just sorta stopped, shot good, seemed real fast, but just didn' like the feel

I made this one today and have tested it,It shoots well and will shoot with it again tomorrow as its dark and late now.
Is that 8 strands of 2040 tube? How hard is it to pull and what are you shooting out of it?

Thanks
[/quote]

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I prefer the fixed tubing it does not twist or stack quicker to load, but thought I would make one as others do use the 8 strand set up, the 6 & 8 strand work very well but I seem addicted to 4 strand.Although I do like the 6 and think I will keep one for myself also.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Hawk, I learned something from watching this video. You hold the catty gangsta style, but your flip is straight forward (by twisting your wrist). When I shoot that way, my flip is sideways.
I have to do as you do and draw to my cheek, because of the band length, which makes me nervous -- my usual anchor point is behind my ear. If I get some more of that 2040 (is that the size that's on mine?) I'm going to cut it about 3 or 4 inches longer than you did. One thing you're right about: those tubes are really accurate over distance. I really like my trophy.
Nice video, BTW.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hawk, I learned something from watching this video. You hold the catty gangsta style, but your flip is straight forward (by twisting your wrist). When I shoot that way, my flip is sideways.I have to do as you do and draw to my cheek, because of the band length, which makes me nervous -- my usual anchor point is behind my ear. If I get some more of that 2040 (is that the size that's on mine?) I'm going to cut it about 3 or 4 inches longer than you did. One thing you're right about: those tubes are really accurate over distance. I really like my trophy.Nice video, BTW.
I also now draw to my ear,as for tube size im sure you have 1745* you should be able to tell by measuring the diameter also 2040* is very easy and smooth to draw the 1745* is a bit snappy.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
I like the work you are doing Hawk with your research and slingshots.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
The Hawk The Trophy fine looking MDF very strong and no finish required. MDF, you can toss it in a swimming pool and leave it for a week fish it out and keep shooting. MDF is a product you can so anything you want with it, you can cut it, shape it bend it its amazing stuff. You have a knack for working with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.