Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ha! I can out-ugly that by a mile! I have one frame I have rescued so many times with a new ‘fix’ that the story itself would cause blindness. I can’t show it though, because it ain’t fixed yet. 🙈🙊🙉
Hahaha well once you "fix" it let me see it lol. Maybe start an ugly builds thread??

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Its the slingshot of Cletus.
View attachment 368719
Joking aside, I don't think it's ugly either, just less elaborate than others you do.

But this one glows in the dark!
Haha no your exactly spot on here 🙂. I don't know what to think of it lol but it does shoot! And it definitely glows!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Haha no your exactly spot on here 🙂. I don't know what to think of it lol but it does shoot! And it definitely glows!
Maybe you have explained it but I have found out but, what is it that shines? Is it the material those circles are made of, or is it the paint on those circles?

Have you had to focus a spotlight on it before to make it shine? (like fluorescent rubber balls)

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Maybe you have explained it but I have found out but, what is it that shines? Is it the material those circles are made of, or is it the paint on those circles?

Have you had to focus a spotlight on it before to make it shine? (like fluorescent rubber balls)
It is glow pigment powders and epoxy. You mix the powder with the epoxy and mix then use! These are under $20 on Amazon and you get a lot of uses from each bottle!
Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Cosmetics Audio equipment Automotive lighting

·
Registered
760 Posts
It is glow pigment powders and epoxy. You mix the powder with the epoxy and mix then use! These are under $20 on Amazon and you get a lot of uses from each bottle! View attachment 368729
So great. And always shines in the dark, without the need to shine a light on it before?

Could you mix those powders with paint and paint some steel balls? 🤔 or clay balls... but steel is better

I guess not because if not someone would have already done it lol.

Interesting stuff.

·
S.S.
Cut a card or light a match!
3,743 Posts
So great. And always shines in the dark, without the need to shine a light on it before?

Could you mix those powders with paint and paint some steel balls? 🤔 or clay balls... but steel is better

Interesting stuff.
It needs light. It’s not tritium. Wait Jon do you have a third eye or arms? This is crazy radioactive stuff!

·
S.S.
Cut a card or light a match!
3,743 Posts
I just read that tritium is or was used to make clock hands visible in the dark. I did not know that.
Tritium is radioactive. It’s half life is 12 years. It’s can glow for up to 25 years. I have it in a lot of stuff. It’s very cool. mixglo is a great source for tritium for edc gear.

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

Interesting stuff.
They need some kind of light source. UV light makes them glow the strongest but sunlight will charge it so will a good flashlight. And idk if you could with paint maybe a white paint but I'm not sure it is a very very fine powder so probably!

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
It needs light. It’s not tritium. Wait Jon do you have a third eye or arms? This is crazy radioactive stuff!
I do have a third eye haha 😂 we all do! But it's just a non toxic glow pigment and it for sure needs a light source. Does tritium come in powder?

21 - 40 of 61 Posts