Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built this SS to prove to myself what I already know. It has odd angels twisted and bent forks the finish is rough but smooth. Is ugly as can be but beauty doesn't make a good shooter. I tryed to do what I could think of wrong but it is Strong and will take the strongest of bands with out a problem. If the bands are put on striate it is dead on accurate. So can anyone tell me what a bad frame is other than being weak.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
Bad frames have, in their design or finish, a tendency to cause undue wear or abrasion on the rubber when shot. This fact makes me want to have super smooth finishes on my frames and no sharp edges. The abrasion can occur especially from the fork tips and the sides of the forks as the rubber and pouch flies by. This is a good argument for wide span fork tips.
Another "bad frame" just doesn't fit the shooters' hand or style of gripping the slingshot and could slip from his grasp.
Another one causes unnecessary strain on the shooters' wrist or other body parts, like bands attached too far from the hand.
Conversely bands attached too closely to the hand could badly injure the shooter as well.
Another problem could arise from a bad choice of materials when making a frame, such as using dissimilar metals together and setting up electrolysis, i.e. copper with aluminum. Frame is strong when built, but will begin to weaken as time goes by.
Even how the frame is stored will dictate for the individual owner whether the frame was constructed properly for those conditions. This is why proper instructions from the maker on care and storage should be followed by the shooter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.