Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nieces are very competitive, and always try to be the best they can. I explain to them no matter what they do in life do the best you can and be proud of their efforts. When someone tells me they lost a game or didn’t get the grade they thought they deserved, I ask them if they did the best they could to prepare for whatever it may be they are trying to accomplish. I explain to them not to focus on what the other person did, but to focus on what they could do better to prepare themselves.

·
Neophyte
2,075 Posts
My nieces are very competitive, and always try to be the best they can. I explain to them no matter what they do in life do the best you can and be proud of their efforts. When someone tells me they lost a game or didn't get the grade they thought they deserved, I ask them if they did the best they could to prepare for whatever it may be they are trying to accomplish. I explain to them not to focus on what the other person did, but to focus on what they could do better to prepare themselves.
Sound advice I always ask the kids I coach does it take any special skill to hustle they all say no and I agree and say it only takes want to so when your not showing any hustle it's because you don't want too.
These ideas are great for kids and adults alike. People sometimes don't realize that giving it your best and having fun can be more rewarding than the easy win. :)

Reactions: Tag
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.