Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snellie was a unique slingshot. She was a repurposed wooden Chinese face massager turned into a hare splitter type slingshot.

But she wanted to grow up into an even more unique slingshot. She was inspired by the Hare Splitter, the Recurve, and the Mantis.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is her transformation:

1. I sanded Snellie on the top half with 60 grit sand paper. I then used four containers of JB Weld Quik Wood. (The picture shows 3 but I added one more last minute)

2. I started to mold the Quik Wood around Snellie. I had 30 minutes until it started setting.

3. When the forks set, I couldn't help myself and I had to band her up and test her out!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4. I then shaped her up with 60 grit sandpaper and my dremel tool. I sanded her some more with 220 grit sandpaper to smooth her out. And of course, I couldn't help myself and banded her up again and killed a can!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5. I painted her white with acrylic paint. Then I used colored pencils to draw the grain. I like how the grain turned out, but I could not totally cover the white paint and you can see it through the grain.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6. I redid it by sanding off the grain and repainted it with hazelnut acrylic paint. Then redrew the grain with colored pencils.

Not as good as mother nature herself but I think it turned out well.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After that I poly coated her.

I present to you "The Wedge"

The background of this photo shoot was inspired of course by Sharker!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She can be oriented to shoot in two ways.

First way:

Attachments

Registered
Hey ... C5

Man you were using your old noodle on that girl! Very creative and a bunch of work. The last pics remind me of a idea that I had for "almost frameless". A project that treeman and I tinkered with. Great job man.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey ... C5
Man you were using your old noodle on that girl! Very creative and a bunch of work. The last pics remind me of a idea that I had for "almost frameless". A project that treeman and I tinkered with. Great job man.
Thanks SJAaz! I'd love to see what you and Treeman were coming up with!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.